What do you think of a weekly Terragen Twitch stream?

Started by cyphyr, December 07, 2017, 04:29:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rupertbg

Keen to contribute! I have self-taught knowledge of Terragen though so not sure how much I really know. If someone is telling me what to show / cover then could be easier? Reach out anyway if you want help making content / presenting

D.A. Bentley (SuddenPlanet)

Quote from: cyphyr on December 08, 2017, 11:50:29 AM
Err I make it 8pm UK time is 2 pm in the afternoon in Central Canada.

8pm London/UK is 12pm Pacific (Los Angeles/Seattle) so that would be perfect I think.  I could watch during lunch.  :)

N-drju

Are you really sure you could enlist help from other software companies like Xfrog or DAZ Studio? And for what purpose?

For one thing, I know that DAZ Studio and associated "artists" are crazy ape bananas about copyrights and stuff like that. Even despite their purported, cheery claim that "all copyright to the image and project files is exclusively yours!". My teeth hurt each time I ask them these questions...

And why Xfrog? Maybe it's a gross simplification but they only participate when we click "Populate now" button goddammit! :D

Also consider this - I could participate (somehow) but if I am forced to register somewhere I'll probably pass... I have to many one-time accounts / profiles already and have no need for another. ::) Seems like everyone just begs for registering these days.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Dune

QuoteSeems like everyone just begs for registering these days.
Email addresses can be sold  8)

cyphyr

Indeed they can and it is very annoying having to sign up all the time, remember new pw and go through a process Arrgh!!
I have tow email accounts one for business, family and friends and one for general rubbish. Stuff I have to sign up to generally goes on the second acc or if it's a more permenent long term interest then I'll use the main one.

As regards Twitch you don't have to do anything to watch the channel but you do have to register to post questions and comments to a live "chat room" running down the right-hand side of the screen. Personally I find chat rooms move too fast for me to catch up on and respond to so I'll probably just ignore it. However if we want to reach out to a wider audience it may have to be watched.

What would be easier for me would be if a thread was set up here (or facebook, I'll set up an event page) that people could post questions to.

As regards people contributing we'll have to see how this works. I've seen twitch channels with several people chatting at the same time with their camera feeds overlayed but I'm not sure if this is  done automatically or they are using a live video editor. For the start it will just be me waffling along as I create a couple of scenes and chat about the process.

Suggestions of scene topic and waffle topic greatly recieved :)
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

N-drju

In depth explanation of the blue nodes with examples on all possible values / modifiers and respective effects.

C'mon, I dare you. ;D
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

cyphyr

Quote from: N-drju on December 12, 2017, 07:11:40 AM
In depth explanation of the blue nodes with examples on all possible values / modifiers and respective effects.

C'mon, I dare you. ;D

[attachimg=1]

I have barely even a rudimentary understanding of why the blue nodes I use do the things they do!
But once a simple format is working I would like to throw it open to experts in many fields :)
www.richardfraservfx.com
/|\

luvsmuzik

Kids.....
We would have to start with "history of noise 101 when applied to computer graphics" Really?
It doesn't matter is you just jumped into using something new or have been at it a while. Find something you like and find out how it is done.  No one, except a few, is rich enough to buy "the complete beginners guide to all things blue nodes"
Just be glad we have moved on from dot matrix printing for amusement. ;D

Dune

Hilarious gif  ;D  If the time zone is right (and I'm home) I may well watch and chime in, likely by chat or something (if I can see how it all works). Never done it.

agent unawares

Quote from: N-drju on December 12, 2017, 02:41:40 AM
For one thing, I know that DAZ Studio and associated "artists" are crazy ape bananas about copyrights and stuff like that. Even despite their purported, cheery claim that "all copyright to the image and project files is exclusively yours!".

???

No we aren't. Who bit you? If you downloaded a file without a commercial license and someone told you not to use it commercially then this is your own mistake.

N-drju

Hahaha, I knew it cyphyr. ;D But on the other hand, if you use them then I guess you know how to achieve certain effects better than I do. :) Or are you just using clip files to do blue-related things?

@ agent_unawares - I guess DAZ Studio as such bit me. I know what I saw - this text is somewhere near the very beginning, when you start to download the software. ::) "Own what you make, royalty free" - rings a bell? Maybe DAZ itself does not communicate its policy clearly with associated content providers and that produces the overwhelming mess and DAZ legal team scratching their heads each time I ask them questions. ::) While content providers themselves rarely answer any questions at all...

Enough with the rant. Back to TG Twitch stream if you don't mind?

agent unawares

Quote from: N-drju on December 15, 2017, 07:45:15 AM
@ agent_unawares - I guess DAZ Studio as such bit me. I know what I saw - this text is somewhere near the very beginning, when you start to download the software. ::) "Own what you make, royalty free" - rings a bell?

You do own what you make, royalty-free. The only thing you can't do is redistribute models and textures, which is obviously not kosher just as giving away models bought from XFrog, etc., and the EULA goes well into this.

DannyG

I know it's challenge time, but is anything happening with this? This could be very beneficial to new users that might be getting a bit spooked by the WIP's for The Cliff Challenge. Again NWDA will help in anyway
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

cyphyr

Yes, thanks for the prompt! :)
I've been ill over the past month, bloody cold and flu.
I have created a you tube channel and I'll upload videos soon.
I figured actually going live is a bit much at the moment lol.
So SOON™
www.richardfraservfx.com
/|\

PeterParker

Quote from: cyphyr on January 24, 2018, 11:14:05 AM
Yes, thanks for the prompt! :)
I've been ill over the past month, bloody cold and flu.
I have created a you tube channel and I'll upload videos soon.
I figured actually going live is a bit much at the moment lol.
So SOON™

It´s very easy to set it up.
Maybe you should use OBS. It´s a stream Program which is easy to config.
Don´t be shy and set up a live Teststream so you can figure it out how it works :-)
Found you on Youtube and left an abo.