The Wall

Started by Gannaingh, December 18, 2017, 07:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gannaingh

We're gonna build a wall, and make the Wildlings pay for it!

Just a quick Game of Thrones inspired scene to practice my vertical texturing. In the straight TG4 render the clouds looked a little yellow so I adjusted that in post work. My computer screen can be a little funky with colors so hopefully they aren't overly blue.

micvswind

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

mhaze

N-drju

Hm, true - the color of the fog seems to be off but I can't really put my finger on it.

Some very nice trees there.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Gannaingh

"Version 2"

I fixed the clouds and rendered it at a higher resolution because bigger is better.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Gannaingh on December 22, 2017, 03:05:36 PM
"Version 2"

I fixed the clouds and rendered it at a higher resolution because bigger is better.

exactly, much better bigger, and nice fix on the clouds. what is you veg source if I may ask?
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Cocateho

Very cool concept and feel to this one. I think the quality of a picture largely lies in its ability to "take you there" and this certainly does that. Great work!

Gannaingh

Thanks!

Bobbystahr, most of the models are xfrog. All of the trees are Xfrog with three of them being from the USA conifers pack and one population of from the Europe2 pack. Most of the shrubs are from the Xfrog EU shrubs pack but there is also a population of NWDA grass and ope population of Ulco's tundraheather.

archonforest

great update. Looks very cool now!
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

luvsmuzik

Great composition on this!  :) Nice verticals!

DannyG

Looks to be another fine piece under way.
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram