Time Travelling Tardis Dumpster

Started by bobbystahr, December 20, 2017, 10:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Playing around I found a tgo of a brownstone building strip and I noticed in a test render that I had achieved variable transparency in the curtains and using the old water shader technique so felt urged to create this scene with a police station I'd recently re-textured and a 1930's police sedan that was part of my golden handshake when I retired from renderosity.
It is titled as it is as the dumpster wasn't even invented at the time period of this image heh heh heh, and that only dawned on me after this render.
C&C as always welcome.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

luvsmuzik

Nicely done. Like the soft gloss on the sedan. Great texture alignment too.
I must force myself to get this mapping in Blender figured out. I have done it in other programs, so surely I can do this.

bobbystahr

Quote from: luvsmuzik on December 20, 2017, 10:31:09 PM
Nicely done. Like the soft gloss on the sedan. Great texture alignment too.
I must force myself to get this mapping in Blender figured out. I have done it in other programs, so surely I can do this.

Thanks....any texturing not done in TG was done in PoseRay including fixing U/V mapping, or in the case of the auto, that's how it came except for hannes' Perfect Chrome.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

N-drju

Looks like a notorious "bad part of town". Go on and expand it with some more items. Some drunkard leaning against a wall maybe. ;)
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

bobbystahr

Quote from: N-drju on December 21, 2017, 03:38:03 PM
Looks like a notorious "bad part of town". Go on and expand it with some more items. Some drunkard leaning against a wall maybe. ;)

Had I the characters I would surely populate this but mine are either archaicly clothed or in modern dress..I will accept any character models from the '30's-'40's by way of begging, hee hee hee
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Cocateho

When "It's bigger on the inside" really comes in handy haha

mhaze

This is well done, some characters, dustbins rubbish etc. would take it to the next level.