Vector displacement from arbitrary geometry : Houdini to Terragen

Started by paq, December 21, 2017, 02:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artice-3d

Thanks Paq, now it will be a whole new dimention for terrains creation!!!  8) :o ;)

--------------------------------------------

Paq about luminance... You need to create a glow shader in material browser and assign it to your flatten object, to create model without diffuse, shadow and reflection stuff.. I'll post images a bit later!!

paq

Gameloft

Artice-3d

No problem!!!   ::) ;) ;D  If you'll have any questions, ask me  ;) !!!  8)

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Artice-3d

Quote from: Hetzen on January 07, 2018, 02:25:20 PM
Quote from: bobbystahr on January 07, 2018, 09:06:10 AM
Great thread guys!

Agree! Very art 'directable'.

That's the most clever answer my friend..  :o ::) ;)  That's why i need this, to create what i want  ::) 8) 

Artice-3d

Paq hello! Do you know how to relax uv after pelting?? Smooth SOP and point relaxing doesn't relax much!!!  ::) ;)

paq

Hi Artice,

No, I don't know.
Well you can indeed smooth the point position after the uv's to mesh transfer.

Never get any result from the relax, but smooth can do a very good job, if you set quality on 1, and strength pretty high (100 - 500 - 1500).
The other operator is the attribute blur, but I don't think it will help you better than the smooth one.

Gameloft

Artice-3d

Thanks Paq i tried already all this stuff with no success, but it's ok.. thanks for answer!!  ;) ;D

iaminonsiner

Really nice tool ! But you talk about houdini... can I do the same in another software like Blender ? Do you have a tutorial so I can try this at home?

micvswind

@Artice-3d 

Hi Artice-3d.i have readed you master thread and that's awesome.i try a lot and can not get the expecting result.

here is the .hip file,

VdMap_test.7z

could you give me some tips about how to export the vdmap correctly and it is appreciate.

regards.

micvswind

Hi,i try this some times but still get the correct result.i render the vdisp map from houdini and input to terragen.the result is the geometry is intersect as the pic show below.
may you guys could give me some tips.that will be appreciated.

regards

000.jpg111.jpg

Dune

How do you mean, intersect? If the displacements point the wrong way, the vdsip map may originally not be done in the right 'definition' (can't remember the right word). Or you could try flipping the X or Z by splitting the vdisp up into color channels, and reattaching them to a build vector, but with other inputs (X to Z, Z to X). At least that is what I had to do sometimes in the past.

micvswind

Quote from: Dune on March 25, 2020, 02:17:07 AMHow do you mean, intersect? If the displacements point the wrong way, the vdsip map may originally not be done in the right 'definition' (can't remember the right word). Or you could try flipping the X or Z by splitting the vdisp up into color channels, and reattaching them to a build vector, but with other inputs (X to Z, Z to X). At least that is what I had to do sometimes in the past.
Hi dune.thank you very much .you are so passion and professional in the forum.
i alter the X  and Z axis and get this.it is a great upgrade.but still is not the right result.