NWDA's Cliff Theme Challenge 20% off Sale

Started by DannyG, December 27, 2017, 01:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Thought so. But like I said, the 'easy ones' are, well, easy. And there are blues nodes that are not frightening at all, but can only be found in that section; like adjust saturation. Very handy when you like to make, say a rockfall where part of that rock is freshly broken off and less tanned by algae and dirt, so a little less saturated.

masonspappy

Quote from: Dune on December 30, 2017, 11:49:13 AM
... like adjust saturation. Very handy when you like to make, say a rockfall where part of that rock is freshly broken off and less tanned by algae and dirt, so a little less saturated.
With that statement you have given more understanding about how to use that function and why that function would be used, than is in the documentation section of this site, which contains no information at all except a screen print of the function block. 

Dune

I'll make you guys a little preset, hold on a minute.....

masonspappy

Thanks Dune! I've been playing with this for a bit and it works differently than I originally thought.

Seth

Quote from: Dune on December 30, 2017, 02:52:04 AM
QuoteBlue nodes are evil and an abomination.
This is probably cynically meant  ??? Blue nodes are actually much simpler than the red nodes, which have much more unscrutinable 'evil' going on inside  ;) Especially the more plain blue nodes like 'add' and 'subtract' are very handy when it comes to mixing masks. In my work I often use masks for roads and waterways. If I need grass off those areas, I simply add these by blue node and mask a pf invertedly. Simple things like that....

I have no clue how the blue nodes freaking work !
They are pure math evil for me.