Evening Light

Started by cyphyr, September 23, 2007, 09:01:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyphyr

This is actually version 2, the first had no foreground to speak of. I'm not too happy with the foreground as it stands but I also think I've had enough of this for the time being! Time to move onto other projects. Foreground and background rendered as separate layers with colour correction applied in Photomatrix. Total render time about 48+ hours.
Enjoy
Richard
Edit: Damn I thought I could walk away from this but oh no a solution has presented itself. Ah well back to the slog
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

dhavalmistry

this is very good....like you mentioned....foreground could use little more detail....and some work on clouds and this could be your masterpiece....
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

Mahnmut

Very nice! :)
there is just one little thing:
Although you see trees growing on rocks in nature, the log (stem?) of your fir coming directly out of the rock looks strange.
I know the fir models in that gratis x-frog set got roots.
On the other hand I wondered if one could use a local displacement shader to simulate roots crawling over your rock or into some fissure?
Maybe some little postwork would also do, considering your rendertime.
Best regards, Jan

rcallicotte

I love it, although I've never seen evergreens growing out of dry hard dirt.  Nevertheless, this is good dry hard dirt.   ;D  Maybe try something with fake grass...
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?