Let's share something again

Started by Dune, January 04, 2018, 04:00:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

...like a low res WIP for a nature enhancement project I'm working on.

N-drju

And an absolutely stunning and beautiful share this is!

Reminds me of my own country landscapes which are still about four months away due to cold temperature.

Parkwood Grass again?
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Dune

Thanks. No, it's a mix of the grasses I shared through NWDA and the internal grass clump. And lots of herbs of course.

gao_jian11

The most appealing to me is the distant skyline and water, dunes are always good at making such large wilderness landscapes.

cyphyr

Looking very good. Good to see the cow parsley repitation problem is no more.
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

zaxxon

A beautiful tableau! You truly portray the quiet grandeur of your lovely country!

SILENCER

The presence of lilypads puts the little sprinkles on the cupcake.
Nicely done. Looks great.

luvsmuzik

Nice little mound with steps, old silo ruins? Great masking and mapping of course! :)

Dune

Thanks for your kind words. The mound is artificial, to give people an opportunity to watch over the area, which will be enhanced partly for meadow birds, and partly for more rough herbal vegetations. Mound is a SSS, with a masked strata shader for the stairs. Ditches and wider streams are masked from a satelitte image, and changed as needed, reeds masked by height minus presence of watermask. Most watery vegetation is procedural plus some pops.
I may replace the shrubbery though, not entirely super.

Updated (they continue to ask for changes).

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

René

I love the attention you always pay to the horizon, there is always a lot of detail. Is that also Terragen?

Dune

The underground is an image map with some extra fieldmapping added, so you may see some of that in the far distance. There's 2 pops too, one of a very simple clump of trees (partly lowered into the ground as shrubbery) and a very simple bunch of low poly buildings posing as farms, just randomly distibuted. Then there's a low haze by distance shader to give it less attention.

mhaze

That background makes it for me.  The rest of the image shows your mastery of vegetation placement in this otherwise simple man made landscape.

bobbystahr

Mind blowingly beautiful part of the world you call home...as envious of that as I am of your talent...I really should have taken the oil painting course waaaay back....that you are a re formed painter of such talent certainly kicks your composition up above the average...thanks for sharing
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist