Lines

Started by Kadri, January 04, 2018, 11:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oshyan

Ah! That makes so much sense. I remember when Matt first told me about Front Projection and how it worked, my mind was blown with all the possibilities... And I didn't even imagine this one. ;)

- Oshyan

Kadri

Quote from: Oshyan on January 07, 2018, 08:25:05 PM
Ah! That makes so much sense. I remember when Matt first told me about Front Projection and how it worked, my mind was blown with all the possibilities... And I didn't even imagine this one. ;)

- Oshyan

I had too much of Franklin Booth last week :)

Dune

That is ingeniously simple. I was thinking x to scalar, etc.....

Kadri

Quote from: Dune on January 08, 2018, 02:24:21 AM
That is ingeniously simple. I was thinking x to scalar, etc.....

Yes first i thought if i could do that in that way Ulco, even if i hate and don't use those nodes.
But then i thought if it couldn't be made in a simpler way. You just have to use front projection just a little differently.
In my rock study thread i hadn't thought to use front projection in this way. It is really so simple in hindsight :)

ajcgi

Ah, this is pretty ingenious!

inkydigit

http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=23995.0;attach=78070
Steals the show for me. Old school litho/steel plate or even wood cut prints... fantastic stuff, ingenious indeed!
:)

bobbystahr

Quote from: inkydigit on January 12, 2018, 07:02:25 PM
http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=23995.0;attach=78070
Steals the show for me. Old school litho/steel plate or even wood cut prints... fantastic stuff, ingenious indeed!

I must agree a phenomenal image and technique
and @ Kadri...for the really slow amongst us(me in particular) just exactly how is this done? This is a must technique for "Old ColourBlind" over here,,,heh heh heh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Kadri

Quote from: bobbystahr on January 13, 2018, 10:46:57 AM
I must agree a phenomenal image and technique
and @ Kadri...for the really slow amongst us(me in particular) just exactly how is this done? This is a must technique for "Old ColourBlind" over here,,,heh heh heh

Thanks Bobby :)

Have a look at the example below. No texture (just search for "black and white lines" and use one you like),clouds and planet.
Just the ground. Hope it helps a little.

There are some more possible ways you can get a different look of course. This is just one of them.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Kadri on January 13, 2018, 07:37:51 PM
Quote from: bobbystahr on January 13, 2018, 10:46:57 AM

There are some more possible ways you can get a different look of course. This is just one of them.

many thanks Kadri...some times I just need to see how and then I get it.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Muied Lumens

Nice! I imagine this would look spectacular as an animation.

Kadri

Quote from: Muied Lumens on January 17, 2018, 10:04:16 AM
Nice! I imagine this would look spectacular as an animation.

Thanks.
The animation i made as a test then didn't look spectacular but kinda sweet maybe ;) Needs more work.
The GIF animation is too big (24 mb) to upload here.It is a OneDrive link you see below.

https://1drv.ms/i/s!Ao9EyFWihNgcigiqAi_CUW5ZL2MJ

Hannes

This is SO cool, Kadri! Great idea!! :)

Kadri

I am thinking about doing a short film with this method. Render times will be good that is for sure.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Kadri on January 20, 2018, 05:24:57 AM

I am thinking about doing a short film with this method. Render times will be good that is for sure.

I encourage you to go forward with this intention. Could be a real winner based on what the .gif shows.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New