2 radically different renders...

Started by bobbystahr, January 08, 2018, 10:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

...that I've done since New Years Day...comments and critique are most welcome...
the rock pile in rust n debris is a photogrammetry object and the debris is from a DAZ file..I like the pipes population myself and that house took 2 days to fix the geometry...light leaks everywhere, I put lights in building as much to find out where the geometry needs fixing as for actual light effect some times; and the Talbot Lago it from one of the free car sites....all flora except the Scot's Pine tree which is from cyphyr, from XFROG and Dune (for the grass)
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

N-drju

Gee... you're serious? Two renders already? It takes about a month for me to do just one! :P I have to big an eye for details... and maybe that's why...
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

luvsmuzik

Nice redo! As always you have done the transparent, translucency perfectly. Neato curtains!
Nice debris stuff too. :)

bobbystahr

Quote from: luvsmuzik on January 08, 2018, 02:04:54 PM
Nice redo! As always you have done the transparent, translucency perfectly. Neato curtains!
Nice debris stuff too. :)

quite pleased with the variable transparency on the curtains. They show better in a night view with interior lights having an effect. just messin about with available assets for the debris scene and i should tip my hat to hannes for the rust which I extracted from one of his presets.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

cyphyr

I think you could turn the house one into a cool "American Gothic" spooky moonlit scene :) ?
Hmm the UV mapping is looking messed up ob the scotts pine. I'll have to see if I can fix that.
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

bobbystahr

Quote from: cyphyr on January 08, 2018, 03:04:46 PM
I think you could turn the house one into a cool "American Gothic" spooky moonlit scene :) ?
Hmm the UV mapping is looking messed up ob the scotts pine. I'll have to see if I can fix that.

that("American Gothic" spooky moonlit scene) is where it started but I found 'light leaks' and spent too much time making the house light leak proof, that I forgot I was draining the swamp heh heh heh...that'd be nice on the pine, it's wee bit disturbing. Plus I remade the needle map as a .tif w alpha so I only use one map for the needles, if y want it I'll bring it over from the other box.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Lady of the Lake

bobbystahr

O K, Before I start the spooky version I wanted a final I like and this is it for the non spooky render.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

For the spooky version, it would be good to dirty everything up!

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on January 10, 2018, 03:13:32 AM
For the spooky version, it would be good to dirty everything up!

Eggs ackley Ulco...tweaking a killer cruddy brick texture and have dirty versions of the tin plate on the garage I think..I may have binned them but I hope not. I'm replacing the Talbot Lago with a munster-esque 1930's Cadillac but it needs rusting as well. the leaves are coming off the forest as well.
I have some plans...will accept advice... a big fan of vice heh heh heh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

So you better add vice  ;)

Btw. 2 ways to add dirt: add world postion fractal in color input (and for fun displacement input) and/or add a similarly masked surface layer with some coverage of dirt colors after the default shader(s).

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on January 10, 2018, 03:24:55 AM
So you better add vice  ;)

Btw. 2 ways to add dirt: add world postion fractal in color input (and for fun displacement input) and/or add a similarly masked surface layer with some coverage of dirt colors after the default shader(s).

Got any tips on making this work with the curtains which use a Glass shader with the default through a Merge, tried all the Merge setting and having no luck.

EDIT
well sorta got it working by feeding the PF into all the inputs on that glass shader and maxxing the sliders
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

If you have your glass shader, add a surface shader after it with a world position PF to mask, and set an amount of coverage and it should dirty the glass.