Rockpool...

Started by dandelO, September 23, 2007, 08:23:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dandelO

This is my first real image post over here, I've been recommended to post it here by others.
Usualy I'd shy away from graffitiing this site with my renders because, in truth, I do feel kind of dwarfed by the skill and knowledge of T2 shown by you regular posters here at Planetside, it's a bottomless pit of knowledge and has been a great help to me over the last few months of learning T2, I've spent many hours reading this site. It's great and I thank you all!

So here's my image, any comments/critiques/etc.s would be greatly apprecciated. This is currently the 3rd 'final' version I've made :D
The water transparency method I used was Sonshine777's wet/dry merge shader technique, which he kindly shared with me over at Terranuts.

[attachimg=#]

Thanks for looking! :)

cyphyr

Really Good, hehe I just saw the fish  ! :)
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

dandelO

Thanks, Cypher! :)

***I should also say that this was made with the free version of the tech preview, no postwork either, it's all T2.
I'd kill for bigger renders, extra AA and pop' limits sometimes but, money is the way of the World... Just not my world at the moment ;)

Mahnmut

Wow.
Who´s dwarfing now?
where can I find this transparent Water method?
And the fish, if you don´t mind?
best regards, Jan

Seth

yeaaah already told you : niiiice dandel0

old_blaggard

Very nice work!  I think this image would be even better if instead of a flat seabed you put a layer of small rocks.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

rcallicotte

I like it a lot.  My only suggestion is to have the rocks look more like real rocks.  Those sharp edges contribute to its slight (and I do mean very slight) fakeness.  Otherwise, this is one of the best I've ever seen.  Hope you understand my pickiness isn't that I don't think it's excellent work, but a desire to see it be everything it can be.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

dandelO

Thankyou for your input everyone. :)
Jan, the water technique is from Sonshine777 and is posted somewhere in here. And the fish are DAZ Studio content trout... Yes, I've scaled them down a fair bit. ;)

sonshine777

Thanks for sharing your image here, I was hoping that you would. You have done a great job combining the two images. As I stated over at Terranuts a little mor texture to the rocks and this image will be over the top awesome! :)!

dandelO

Aw, man! This is the textured version. Bummer! Back to the drawing board...  :D

Here's the last one that you suggested adding some rock detail to... [attachimg=#]

sjefen

Very good, but I like the first one best.
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

sonshine777

Quote from: dandelO on September 24, 2007, 10:46:09 AM
Aw, man! This is the textured version. Bummer! Back to the drawing board...  :D

Here's the last one that you suggested adding some rock detail to... [attachimg=#]

Sorry about that, I didn't pay attention to the details, you did make a huge improvement over the first image. My bad! Have you posted it over at Terranuts yet?

dhavalmistry

add caustics and it will be a perfect render!
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

rcallicotte

I like the detail, but I'm worried that the sharp edges on the top of the rocks look unreal.  Or maybe someone has seen rocks like these and I've been sheltered from it?  Anyway, I love it otherwise.  Both renders look very good.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

dandelO

No no, I think I might have confused people here in my wording of my last post.

I meant, the first image in this thread is the current final textured, version 3.

The second one I posted here (in my last comment, with the 'plastic' stones) was version 2, to show the comparison to what it was before.

Sonshine: Yes I've posted it at TN! Lol, you've already voted on it BEFORE posting here to ask if it was uploaded there! Lol! ;)