TG 0.9.43

Started by BernieS, January 10, 2018, 03:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BernieS

I used to have a licensed version of the "Classic" Terragen.

Having just downloaded it again however, I can find no way to verify my license, & am therefore restricted to using a cut-down version of the programme.

Can somebody kindly advise me as to how I may update my license?

Thanks.

BernieS

Do I assume therefore from the total lack of response from either moderators or fellow forum members that there is no way of now unlocking TG Classic - even though I used to have the full version?

An unfortunate state of affairs, to say the least.

N-drju

I think this version of Terragen is now free to use with no restrictions whatsoever. ??? Surprising indeed.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

BernieS

The version that I downloaded is restricted in both detail & terrain size - as was the original free version.

I will look to try & find an unrestricted version.

Thanks for the heads-up!   :)

cyphyr

Sorry for not responding, I guess everyone thought someone else would.
AFIK TG 0.9.43 is no longer supported in any form whatsoever. I don't think it is even hosted in the DL section of Planetsides website.
I would strongly advise moving to Terragen 4. It 's very much advanced from TG 0.9.43.

http://planetside.co.uk/free-downloads/terragen-4-free-download/

If you had a full licence for the older version of Terragen it might be worth while getting in touch with support and seeing if they can help with an upgrade.
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Matt

Hi Bernie,

I'm sorry about the late reply. Although we no longer officially support Terragen Classic, in most cases we can re-send license keys as long as we can confirm that you're a license holder. Please send me a PM (or send an email to contact AT planetside.co.uk) letting us know what email address you originally registered under, and we'll send you a new license key. We can also update your email address if it's changed.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

BernieS

Hello Matt,

Thanks for that - I will PM you.

I have downloaded the demo of TG 4.1, & it is extremely powerful & impressive.  However, as I already own Vue Studio 16, World Machine 2, & GeoGlyph 2, I'm not currently looking for another full programme.  Rather, I was hoping to indulge in a little bit of nostalgia, as TG 0.9.43 was what got me into terrain generation - & subsequently 3D art - in the first place.  Unfortunately I no longer have my substantial collection of DEMs, surface mats, atmospheres etc. etc. from those days, so I'm going to be a bit limited for a while!!

Thanks again,

Bernie

Matt

Thanks Bernie. I've sent the key to your new email address and updated our database. Let me know if you have any questions.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

BernieS

Thanks for that Matt - much appreciated!!   :D :D

bobbystahr

Quote from: Matt on January 12, 2018, 05:57:03 AM
Hi Bernie,

I'm sorry about the late reply. Although we no longer officially support Terragen Classic, in most cases we can re-send license keys as long as we can confirm that you're a license holder. Please send me a PM (or send an email to contact AT planetside.co.uk) letting us know what email address you originally registered under, and we'll send you a new license key. We can also update your email address if it's changed.

Matt

Way t go Matt, most developers wouldn't have bothered....I as well still use classic for sculpting terrains btw when TG4 won't cooperate...it happens heh heh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

BernieS

Even better - I found the old external HDD in the garage that had all of my TG resources on it!

It can't compare to more modern products - but TG Classic is still capable of producing superb images, with outstanding atmospheres!

And yes - a Big Thanks to Matt for taking the trouble to find my license key from all of those years ago.  With that level of Customer Care, you know that you're in good hands!!

luvsmuzik

To say nothing of the ability to export your terrain however you wanted to. This was useful  then and seems it could be now. I know there are a couple of wizards who can mask anything, but it would be easier with the ability to make a mask from the terrain output. Or am I missing a way to do this? Just frustrated cause my 943 quit working after reinstall. What is a COMCLT32.OCX?

bobbystahr

Quote from: luvsmuzik on January 12, 2018, 07:51:11 PM
To say nothing of the ability to export your terrain however you wanted to. This was useful  then and seems it could be now. I know there are a couple of wizards who can mask anything, but it would be easier with the ability to make a mask from the terrain output. Or am I missing a way to do this? Just frustrated cause my 943 quit working after reinstall. What is a COMCLT32.OCX?

comctl32.ocx is a Windows Common Controls ActiveX Control Module from Microsoft Corporation belonging to the Microsoft Windows Operating System comctl32.ocx is a system process that is needed for your PC to work properly.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

luvsmuzik

Quote from: bobbystahr on January 12, 2018, 11:31:25 PM
Quote from: luvsmuzik on January 12, 2018, 07:51:11 PM

comctl32.ocx is a Windows Common Controls ActiveX Control Module from Microsoft Corporation belonging to the Microsoft Windows Operating System comctl32.ocx is a system process that is needed for your PC to work properly.

Thanks bobby. This seems to be related to a system reset done earlier this week. PC locked up and an automated reset took over my pc. I have had to reinstall many programs and lost all of my Professional Office Suite. That is okay as I have a newer version, but I really really liked creating terrains in 943. I see I can download this ocx file and reinstall it, may try that. A simple cmd line solution did not work. I ran into this before with XP relating to Visual Basic and Frameworks so I suppose these new kids just do not understand why we like to run old stuff. I compare mine to car collectors with their pristeen vehicles (and some just sitting in a field). "It's mine! I bought it and I am gonna keep it forever! Now get off my property!" :o