Bastien Challenge

Started by bla bla 2, January 13, 2018, 03:20:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo Kariboo

Quote from: bla bla 2 on April 05, 2018, 01:41:12 PM
Vous m'agacez. c'est jamais bien réel de toute manière de toute façon vous serez pas dans le top 3.   >:( ::)

Hello Bastien, I find your reaction curious. Dune does not criticize your image, but you recall a rule of the contest that the images will be judged by their photo-realism.
https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,24017.0.html

bla bla 2

I am told: Wow, that's good. "Then I will not be told how to make the image realistic, so I do not really know how to do it with you ...
:-\

( Google translate )

On me dit : Ouah c'est bien. " " Après on m'aiderai pas à me dire comment rendre l'image réaliste, alors, je sais pas vraiment comment m'y prendre avec vous...

Hannes

So the reason why you offended Ulco is that you think there is no one who helps you make your image realistic?  ??? ??? ???
No one but you can make your image realistic. Do you think we all had a teacher to improve our skills? It's learning by doing for all of us.
You might have noticed, that if you have a specific question, you'll always get an answer from someone in the forum, but the question "how can I make my image realistic?" can't be answered. There is no "realistic render"-button.

Maybe you had a bad day, or whatever, but this is not the way we should communicate here.

Jo Kariboo

Quote from: bla bla 2 on April 06, 2018, 08:40:01 AM
I am told: Wow, that's good. "Then I will not be told how to make the image realistic, so I do not really know how to do it with you ...
:-\

( Google translate )

On me dit : Ouah c'est bien. " " Après on m'aiderai pas à me dire comment rendre l'image réaliste, alors, je sais pas vraiment comment m'y prendre avec vous...
Hannes are faster ...

Hi Bastien,
Maybe nobody explains to you how to make the image more realistic but no member in this forum has this responsibility. Sometimes some have tips or advice sometimes no. Dune is the one who gives a lot of advice, but free to do it when and how he wants, he is not at our service.

To make realistic images there are his tutorials that I think excellent.
https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,17218.0.html

bla bla 2

Certes...Je suis désolé Ulco, et vous autres, j'ai pas eu une bonne semaine, mais, j'essaie de faire bien réaliste mes images, qui
me tiens à coeur mais j'en suis désolé de m'être comporter comme ça. Pour moi, vous êtes tous mes ami(e)s.

Et, ça va être juste pour faire des images de rendus pour le concours, il reste une semaine.

Certainly ... I'm sorry Ulco, and you other, I did not have a good week, but, I'm trying to make my images real,
I'm keen on my heart but I'm sorry to behave like that. For me, you are all my friends.

And, it's going to be fair to make pictures for the contest, there's a week left.

Dune

Thanks Bastien, it's alright. You have a certain very specific style as an artist, but it's not realism, and it needn't be. That is not bad, certainly not! But realism is something completely different, and if you want to produce realistic renders, you'd have to follow some of the tutorials.

cyphyr

Hey Bastien
I hope you don't mind but there's something I have always wanted to ask you about your renders.
You always have a really (REALLY) wide angle on your camera, much more than one would use usually as a photographer.
I wonder if this is your intent (it's a great stylistic element/use if so).

Are you working on a laptop? If so it's VERY hard to place cameras easily.
Are you using the magnifying glass in the navigation window to move in and out of your scene?

If so then do you know that this dose NOT move the camera but changes its zoom factor instead.

Please don't take this as a negative critique but trying to understand where your unique style comes from.

Cheers
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

archonforest

Quote from: cyphyr on April 06, 2018, 01:35:10 PM

If so then do you know that this dose NOT move the camera but changes its zoom factor instead.

Cheers

hmmm....this is interesting...
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd