Dune's cliff

Started by Dune, January 17, 2018, 10:17:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

In line with the white tradition  ;)

cyphyr

Excellent start. I'm not so keen on the warped areas (Texturing could make it work though) but I do like the open faces versus the tightly grouped detailed areas.
Welcome to the fray :)
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

zaxxon

A strong start with some nice shapes. The Contest is now getting much more intense!

Agura Nata

"Live and Learn!"

Artice-3d

Dune my dear i waited for this  :o 8) ;)  I like it...  ;) But Rene pretty forward at start  :-X ;) !! BUT i know you, it will be an interesting challenge  ;) ;D

DannyG

New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Dune

Warp is some tilt and shear, masked. Easily taken out.

AndyWelder

"What, what just happened?!" "Dune landed... With a bang...".
Those cliffs remind me of some I saw at the Mediterranean, folded, warped... Like dough of "Sugar buns".
"Ik rotzooi maar wat aan" Karel Appel

Dune

I'm trying to do this without a compute terrain or compute normal, kind of like a personal challenge  ;)

Hannes

Looks already gorgeous!!

zaxxon

Ah Hah! Even with this self imposed handicap the odds makers in Las Vegas still have you coming out a winner! Seriously though, this certainly will be a challenge and hopefully you'll share some of your 'alternative' magic.  ;)

Dune

Well, I can tell you a little already; it's a line of vector displacements, masked and combined, rotated, and so on. But now I'm thinking to add and mix the vectors themselves before a final vector displacement, which should be better. It's only a bit hard to think in vectors  ???

AndyWelder

QuoteIt's only a bit hard to think in vectors
Go ask Lt Chekov, he's used to it!
Seriously, what you'r talking about is in the realm of the dreaded blue nodes so it's totally beyond my grasp.  :( But the results I do dig.
"Ik rotzooi maar wat aan" Karel Appel

Dune

It's not all blue nodes, but I admit that I use some. But (hint) even fake stones are vectors sort of.

Anyway, I made a new, different setup, using one compute normal to be able to pull the top soil layer out a bit. More tests/setups to come....

cyphyr

Nice find :)
I'd often wondered if the FS was based on the Voronoi Diff and with your prompting I've just found out it is. (same seed and scale and they match perfect)
Cool tide line, maybe a little sharp
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)