Dune's cliff

Started by Dune, January 17, 2018, 10:17:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo Kariboo

Not easy to achieve and also a very beautiful picture. I much prefer the light of the last one!  :)

Dune

So do I; the mist was an experiment with shadows from objects, but it didn't come out as I hoped it would. But just took a few hours more. The lights are the illuminated glass parts of a lantern, but I tried some glow around them by adding a pop of invisible rocks, same seed as the lanterns with luminance of 6 or so. It's bareley visible and kind of tricky to get right.
Btw. the road system is available at NWDA, so anybody can do this in principle.
I like this concept too, but have to work on the rock. And I might need to get closer to that bridge, or you won't recognize that guy waving...

zaxxon

The rockwork is fantastic and the POV is spectacular, not sure about the lights on a cliff face path leading to a rope (?) bridge though. The light and the sense of space is very appealing.  :)

Dune

These things grow, sort of. Started out as a rockwall and a complete bridge, then I thought about breaking down the bridge (ZBrush), and adding some planks (no rope). Then thought about adding the mountain track, then the lights came into it. I'll probably drop them again. Might add an old car on those planks, just for the fun of it.
And the rock still needs work (it started out as experimentation with several setups).

Dune

Other version.

bobbystahr

I thought Ver 3 + road was already a winner myself.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Jo Kariboo

I prefer versions with lights.
For the rock formation I like the version BigRock_18-02-18_v5 + road-test2, but prefers the half-light mood of the version BigRock_v4 + road-2.

Dune

Still not finished experimenting, and I might as well post. Changed the bridge too.

René

I like them all, but the last one is really very impressive.

archonforest

Looks like a road in India or Nepal....without the painted stripes... :P
Very nice render!!!
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Hannes

Especially the last one is fantastic!! Very atmospheric.

Dune

Thanks guys, but now for some decent rocks  ;)

DannyG

New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

zaxxon

bobbystahr

Agree with the others. I personally like this best as it gives context to the bridge///I like the "tour bus" down the road. Nice detail also handy for context. Keep on blowing my mind thank you very much!!!
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist