Need Ability to Resize UI between Shader/Object List and Properties

Started by D.A. Bentley (SuddenPlanet), January 17, 2018, 11:44:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D.A. Bentley (SuddenPlanet)

I know others have probably felt the pain of not being able to resize the upper left list pane bigger, so I thought I'd at least ask if it is possible.  So many times I want to see a larger list, especially now more than ever since I am on a 4k monitor now. 

Derek

Dune

Not possible, I'm afraid. I find it easier to work in the node section though, so maybe that's where you have to go to.

micvswind

Quote from: D.A. Bentley on January 17, 2018, 11:44:38 PM
I know others have probably felt the pain of not being able to resize the upper left list pane bigger, so I thought I'd at least ask if it is possible.  So many times I want to see a larger list, especially now more than ever since I am on a 4k monitor now. 

Derek

agree.and if the preview windows can be divide.all windows can be custom size.that will be better.

micvswind

jaf

Yes, I have a 4K too, but most apps don't scale well to them (like Lightwave.)  Terragen 4 works great on my 4K, but some of the panels, like Objects, don't use the space efficiently.  You can expand/contract the top part using the double lines below the "Populate All" button, but the expand range is limited for some reason (there's quite a bit of unused "white space" above the "Project Settings" button.

However, TG4 is quite usable on a 4K monitor, and for me, it's more of an irritation than anything else.

(04Dec20) Ryzen 1800x, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Graphics 457.51 (04Dec20), Win 10 Pro x64, Terragen Pro 4.5.43 Frontier, BenchMark 0:10:02

luvsmuzik

Even I agree with this...I do jump over to the node network, but clicking stay open with pop-ups, ugh

bsm3d

Hello all,

First happy new year, I'm now be here often but long long time TG user, since 0.7 if I remember right, just after leaving vistaPro :)

So about Interface and hiDPI, I had sold my 4K Monitors since softwares still not ready for this H2.5K or 4K...too bad hardware and softwares are not in sync.

About TG4 with Win10 Interface is usable but some icons is tiny...I hope a day TG refresh is interface :)

Do you know or think requesting 4 viewports is possible or I must forget ?

regards,
Bsm

D.A. Bentley (SuddenPlanet)

Jaf,

How are you getting your list to show so many items?  Are you on Windows 10, or some other OS?

I can only get 19 lines/items to show in my list view.  You have a much longer list!

bobbystahr

Quote from: D.A. Bentley on January 18, 2018, 03:12:43 PM
Jaf,

How are you getting your list to show so many items?  Are you on Windows 10, or some other OS?

I can only get 19 lines/items to show in my list view.  You have a much longer list!

Win 10 Pro x64 according to his signature
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

jaf

Bobby, it's on a 4K monitor.  Actually, I didn't realize the list was longer -- just tried it on my other monitor (1920x1080) and I see it is longer in 3840x2160.
(04Dec20) Ryzen 1800x, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Graphics 457.51 (04Dec20), Win 10 Pro x64, Terragen Pro 4.5.43 Frontier, BenchMark 0:10:02