KlausK`s Cliff WiP

Started by KlausK, January 18, 2018, 07:18:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KlausK

Since I was very much pro wip I guess I should participate. According to the olympic motto: "It is the taking part that counts!"
I`ll start with this one...

Cheers, and good luck to everyone!
Klaus

ps: the final image will be produced as defined in the rules, of course.
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

Dune

Good luck, Klaus. Nice wavy strata you've got.

KlausK

Thank you.
Just starting to learn how to get these structures at all...
Cheers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

luvsmuzik

:)If I can dabble in blue, so can you...
My little unit is probably on its last stand, but I will enjoy seeing all of this progress! :)

DannyG

Nice start, twisted strata looks very nice so far
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

KlausK

Thanks, luvsmuzik & Danny.
Here are some more wip`s exploring caves and washed out holes in the cliff.
Since I never before tried any of this it will take some time for me to get to a "scripted scenery", so to speak.
Cheers, Klaus.

Dune

Caves are a nice effect. You're well on your way.

KlausK

Almost a little scene.
Cheers, Klaus

Hannes

Good surface and a very nice lighting.

AndyWelder

Those washed out caves look great, even amazing to me and are sure beyond my abilities.
But... they need a reason to exist IMO so I would place them at water level, near the flood line so to speak. Or, if they date from way back when the water level was much higher, there would be vegetation growing inside them. But that's probably simply how my mind works...  ::)
"Ik rotzooi maar wat aan" Karel Appel

KlausK

Thanks Hannes. Two suns that hopefully helped to make the structure more believable.

@AndyWelder: thank you for your kind words! And your right, of course.
Your suggestions are almost identical to what I had in mind for moving on with that sort of cliff structure.
The problem is that I cannot always get on without destroying what I already have...like in one of your wip`s
the caves exploded when I tried to put them further down sea level. Hope i get that figured out.

I`ll give myself until the end of February working-testing-trying-stuff and hope to have some kind of "screenplay" for the scene by then.
March will be spend putting all the relevant techniques I learned together in the final scenery. As I mentioned earlier since this is more
of a learning experience I hope I can pick up some knowledge along the way from everybody else who decides to show her/his WiP here.
Abilities? Well I would have to dig deep to get something like you (or anybody else) show(s) in your (their) WiP ;)
Cheers, Klaus

KlausK

Not really cliffs but anyways...these "walls" emerged inbetween blue-node-hacking.
Some useful setups for another (personal) challenge in the future, perhaps.
Cheers, Klaus

KlausK

Exploring surface structures.
CHeers, Klaus.

KlausK

Another different structure.
CHeers, Klaus

AndyWelder

Looks like eroded soft lime stone.
"Ik rotzooi maar wat aan" Karel Appel