Plan for 2018

Started by Matt, January 18, 2018, 03:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldFlak

Quote from: D.A. Bentley on March 13, 2018, 02:21:33 PM
Quote from: OldFlak on January 24, 2018, 04:01:39 AM

1) Can't get a decent render for skyboxes for use in game engines - the six renders are slightly different shades so they don't match correctly

OldFlak....

OldFlak,

Did you ever figure out your SkyBox issues?  I have been getting perfect results using a 360 Camera, and then creating the cube faces after the fact in some other tool.  Some engines will just import the Equirectangular Pano and automatically convert to the 6 cube faces (Unity for example).

Sorry for lengthy delay answering.

No I haven't solved the issue, I am pretty sure it just can't be done with the free version, so gave up trying and have been working on PBR assets instead.

Is the 360 camera operational in the free version, or does that require the paid version? Any tutorials on how to use that feature?

OldFlak....
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4160 @ 3,60GHz. 8GB Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX 750. Acer 24" Monitors x 2 @ 1920 x 1080. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

KlausK

/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

OldFlak

Quote from: KlausK on March 17, 2018, 07:18:24 AM
Maybe it`s time to check out this site: https://planetside.co.uk/terragen-product-comparison/
CHeers, Klaus ;)

Yes, been there before :)

Is the 360 degree camera the spherical camera? - if so it is only in the professional version which is $900 AU
The GI Cache is in the creative version, which is $450 AU

I am not complaining about the prices if, I had the cash I would gladly pay but it is a little out of my reach, which is why I am hoping the sub is affordable, if\when it comes :)

OldFlak....
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4160 @ 3,60GHz. 8GB Ram. NVidia GeForce GTX 750. Acer 24" Monitors x 2 @ 1920 x 1080. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

KlausK

Yes. Spherical camera is the 360 camera.
Did you look at this topic: https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,21257.0.html ?
Has a scene file and youtube video and a good explanation on how to create cube maps.
If you read that already too, I am out of ideas...
CHeers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

OldFlak

Quote from: KlausK on March 17, 2018, 07:41:21 AM
Yes. Spherical camera is the 360 camera.
Did you look at this topic: https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,21257.0.html ?
Has a scene file and youtube video and a good explanation on how to create cube maps.
If you read that already too, I am out of ideas...
CHeers, Klaus

Thanks for the feedback KlausK, yes I have been using that info and works fine except the 6 sides of the cube are not the same shade so while everything lines up you can see the seams since one or more of the six sides are slightly lighter or darker.

OldFlak....

DutchDimension

Quote from: Oshyan on March 06, 2018, 04:28:46 PMMatt will be posting an update here soon which will outline how we plan to address this long-standing and understandably very frustrating issue.

- Oshyan

Hi Oshyan,

any update on when this might happen?

Matt

Hi DD,

We are planning to hire someone to help with the documentation and/or other training materials which we haven't focused on enough. We'll post more specific requirements soon. But in the mean time, if you know of a good technical writer with some experience with graphics software, or a 3D software expert with prior experience making tutorials or docs, I would like to get in touch with them and see if we can work together. You can either PM me here, contact us via our website, or send an email to contact at planetside.co.uk

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

archonforest

Guessing this is a paid job so perhaps one of the Pros like Dune could write stuff up.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Oshyan

Yes, absolutely it is paid. Details on the job opportunity(ies) will come soon.

- Oshyan

WAS

Quote from: archonforest on April 03, 2018, 03:07:34 AM
Guessing this is a paid job so perhaps one of the Pros like Dune could write stuff up.

Would be nice to dissect and learn from some of Ulco's work in general. :P

Dune

I intended to post something on April 1 that I was giving away all my files  ;D :P

DutchDimension

Quote from: Matt on April 03, 2018, 02:18:56 AM
Hi DD,

We are planning to hire someone to help with the documentation and/or other training materials which we haven't focused on enough. We'll post more specific requirements soon. But in the mean time, if you know of a good technical writer with some experience with graphics software, or a 3D software expert with prior experience making tutorials or docs, I would like to get in touch with them and see if we can work together. You can either PM me here, contact us via our website, or send an email to contact at planetside.co.uk

Matt

I know a one or two technical writers, yes. But they are wholly unfamiliar with Terragen and terrain generation principles in general. With Terragen being quite a niche software and the number of adequately experienced users being but a fraction of its user base, finding a good candidate will be a challenge.

Having said that, my recommendation would be Martin Huisman, though he'll be somewhat busy with other adventures for a while. :)

ajcgi

Quote from: Matt on April 03, 2018, 02:18:56 AM
Hi DD,

Matt

That is fantastic news!

archonforest

Perhaps Geekatplay can be asked? He seems to be a pretty talented person with lots of 3D knowledge. I think he could do this if someone can help to correct his English. (I bought several videos from him and had a hard time to understand here and there as he got a strong Russian accent.)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Alexn007

Vdb import/export. Fantastic!!
Thanks guys!!