Plan for 2018

Started by Matt, January 18, 2018, 03:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sjefen

Quote from: Matt on January 18, 2018, 03:47:37 PM

Finally, in the second half of 2018 I want to show you a prototype of a new tool for creating landscapes. I can't say any more yet; you will just have to wait and see! :)

Matt

Quote from: WASasquatch on November 08, 2018, 06:32:59 AM
About the landscaping tool.... :3

Yes.... I really wanna see what this is about  :)

- Terje
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

D.A. Bentley (SuddenPlanet)

Is there a "Plan for 2019" announcement in the works?  ;)  Just curious what we might expect for the year as far as new features etc.

-Derek

Matt

Terragen 4.4 will be about getting path tracing "out of beta", introducing subsurface scattering, and big speed improvements for clouds. Following 4.4, releases will focus on the rest of the items from the 2018 plan.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

sjefen

ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

pokoy

Quote from: Matt on February 25, 2019, 10:33:28 PM
Terragen 4.4 will be about getting path tracing "out of beta", introducing subsurface scattering, and big speed improvements for clouds. Following 4.4, releases will focus on the rest of the items from the 2018 plan.

Sounds awesome. I'm using TG heavily now for our commercial work again, producing environments for real world air-to-air shots, and it's simply stunning how TG's atmosphere and clouds match all the real world photography we get, v3 clouds were a huge step for me. Looking forward to any speed improvements!

The only other thing that I *really* wish would happen in 2019 is an improved frame buffer. Correct 100% viewing at all sizes, interactive  - as in without the need to re-render - exposure, contrast, tone mapping, light temperature parameter (!), bloom/glare etc. That would improve working with TG by a magnitude. Anyway, looking forward to anything you come up with.