Hannes' Cliff WIPs

Started by Hannes, January 19, 2018, 05:41:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

Do you mean the Indy one or the spider one? The latest image is just an older render to show my previous tree.

mhaze

I prefer the older one but the version with the octopus tree and the people is more fun and has the the narrative.

Oshyan

Prefer the older version too. Hmm. :D

- Oshyan

sboerner

Love the Indy scene. Nice adaptations of commercial models and integration into the scene, great composition and narrative. Lots of fun.

(The machete and rope bridge combination seems a little dangerous . . . be careful where you swing that thing.)

agent unawares

Quote from: Hannes on February 15, 2018, 02:27:58 AM
Thanks guys!!! I had another tree in my scene before I created the octopus one. ;D ;D ;D
Love this one to death but love the Jones one too.

Hannes

Now I'm a bit confused, when you say the older one and this one and so on... Do you mean the tree or the scene?
The last image with just the older tree was just an old version of the scene that's now filled with Nazis and Indiana Jones. I may do some tests with another tree. This old one, most of you prefer, is definitely not the best model.
Strange, I liked the octopus one a lot, but maybe I should try some better ones?!

Dune

I like the latetst render a lot. Especially the Nazi's having some fun of their own in that water. Smart idea to use a white grass model as splash! Not so very keen on that tree though, either tree. Seems too much just planted there, IMHO.

Jo Kariboo

Quote from: Hannes on February 16, 2018, 03:06:42 AM
Now I'm a bit confused, when you say the older one and this one and so on... Do you mean the tree or the scene?
The last image with just the older tree was just an old version of the scene that's now filled with Nazis and Indiana Jones. I may do some tests with another tree. This old one, most of you prefer, is definitely not the best model.
Strange, I liked the octopus one a lot, but maybe I should try some better ones?!

I also wonder what picture it and version it is mention?
To avoid this type of confusion, I would invite everyone to name the picture by the name that is associated with the jpeg extension. ex. Schlucht34.jpg

mhaze

Perhaps if the tree was smaller or the trunk thinner?

luvsmuzik

I think the tree fits in with the Indy theme....remember how when things would be getting tense in these movies, Harrison Ford would always have some zinger comment, right before some stunning visual effect? Perhaps add a vulture to the tree. :)

Hannes

Here is another try. Completely new scene, still low res.
Here is my question: the arc is an imported model (a displaced torus I made in 3ds Max), but the rest of the scene (so far) is pure TG, especially the cliff itself.
Would that be OK with the guidelines?

Hannes

...just to show where the cliff ends and the torus begins...

DannyG

Quote from: Hannes on March 02, 2018, 10:58:48 AM
Here is my question: the arc is an imported model (a displaced torus I made in 3ds Max), but the rest of the scene (so far) is pure TG, especially the cliff itself.
Would that be OK with the guidelines?

The arch is a major feature from this POV. The imported geometry would have to take on more of a supporting role to be allowed. You can try a different POV to make the cliff the the main focus or why don't you make the arch out of displaced spheres?

New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Hannes

OK, thanks for your explanation, Danny. I'd like to keep the POV, so I'll do some experiments with displaced spheres. :)

mhaze

Shame, it's a great image.  I've been unable to make lateral displacement work with displaceable shperes.