Hannes' Cliff WIPs

Started by Hannes, January 19, 2018, 05:41:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oshyan

Oh wow, that's stunning! The vines are fantastic.

- Oshyan

KlausK

Hannes, that is really really nicewowbeautiful!

I like that almost all of your images tell a story, one way or another.
Hopefully other participants go for that sort of challenge as well.
From the WiPs shown so far there is no doubt that they are technically
capable of producing a fine cliff scenario.
CHeers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

Hannes

Sorry for not posting any new stuff, but I was basically just trying out some objects.
I know there's still plenty of time, but it seems, I'm already done. However I'll wait until I submit my entry just in case I manage to create something I like more.
The base spider object is a free model. I loaded it in 3ds Max and applied the hair and fur modifier, converted the hairs into a mesh and exported the whole thing.
I purchased the tent and the giant (CGtrader and Turbosquid). I especially liked the dumb facial expression of the giant  ;D ;D ;D
The running characters are free models as well, which I loaded into Mixamo to get the right poses.

Last but not least thanks again to Kadri, who created the sinkhole and towers file, which I heavily modified to get the cliff.

Dune

;D ;D ;D Extremely cool!! I'd love to see what happens after this split second  ;D

ajcgi

Quote from: Dune on February 05, 2018, 03:07:21 AM
;D ;D ;D Extremely cool!! I'd love to see what happens after this split second  ;D

I think the guy on the right is either going to break dance or begin throwing shapes. Either way, he's making this awesome. :D
That's a mighty cliff.

luvsmuzik

"Welcome to Paradise" That is just totally awesome! Great job on the ......EVERYTHING!

I suppose like in the movies...your cliff will wake up and stretch out and gobble up  everybody? ;D ;D ;D

mhaze

j meyer

Oshyan

That spider is really pretty awesome! But the giant seems plastic and cartoony compared to the rest of the scene (including the spider), IMO. It just seems a bit out of place? Maybe a better giant model?

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

Wow...guess I better git busy
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Hannes

Quote from: Oshyan on February 05, 2018, 09:33:03 PM
That spider is really pretty awesome! But the giant seems plastic and cartoony compared to the rest of the scene (including the spider), IMO. It just seems a bit out of place? Maybe a better giant model?

- Oshyan

Actually all the characters except the spider do look plastic and cartoony  :) See image below.
I like the giant very much. He's maybe not the best model, but his dumb facial expression made me really laugh when I found him.

So I could try to make the spider more plastic and cartoony, but I'm not sure if that would work...

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on February 06, 2018, 02:15:18 AM
Quote from: Oshyan on February 05, 2018, 09:33:03 PM

- Oshyan

Actually all the characters except the spider do look plastic and cartoony  :) See image below.
I like the giant very much. He's maybe not the best model, but his dumb facial expression made me really laugh when I found him.

So I could try to make the spider more plastic and cartoony, but I'm not sure if that would work...

That would work for continuity, but as the other characters don't show the deficiency I might just build a new texture for the giant which could lift it's resolution visually to that of the awesome spider...just my ever shrinking 2 cents Canadian.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Hannes

Trying some other things as well...

Dune

That's pretty cool too. Reminds me of your work with the archeaological camp.

gao_jian11

Great! Fine solid texture, those plants upside down too exciting.