Gannaingh's Cliff WIP

Started by Gannaingh, January 19, 2018, 09:37:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo Kariboo

Quote from: Gannaingh on March 27, 2018, 07:55:10 PM
I've finally gotten a render together with some improved, but not yet final, clouds. Unfortunately, the combination of the clouds and all the populations is pushing my computer to the limit so I might have to resort to Pixel Plow for my final render. I'm experiencing a funky shadow on the young palm population on the left hand side of the image so I'll have to track down what is causing that. I also want to add more variety to the terrain on the near island.

Ok I think to see what you mean about some leaf of the young population of palm. It sounds subtle for me, but I have no idea if the judges could diminish the score of your image.

Gannaingh

Here is an update with the shadow issue fixed and some minor tweaks to the near island.

bobbystahr

heh heh, you and Hannes with your lovely beach renders are making this. unending it seems winter. intolerable...well done
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Gannaingh

I'm also greatly looking forward to more summer-like weather!

For this update I've been working on the vegetation on the cliff walls to give a bit more texture. Overall I'm running out of things I want to improve so I might be nearing a final version. 

Dune

I like that subtle touch, and overall it's a very pleasant image. Good luck.

j meyer

There seems to be something odd in the trunk texture of the foremost palm.
Upper half, that horizontal 'thing'. Can't figure out what that is.

Other than that, nicely done image.

zaxxon

Well crafted and beautifully rendered, peaceful yet vibrant. Very well done!

luvsmuzik

A very worthy entry  :) Nice vegetation addition, subtle foam looks good. Good luck!

Gannaingh

Jo Kariboo

The work on the left picture with the shadows was impressive but I prefer the right part of your image in this format.

Gannaingh

I agree! When I make a 16x9 desktop wallpaper of the final image I think I'll pick pretty much the section you've shown, maybe shifted the the left a bit, but pretty much the center section of the image.

Gannaingh

Here is my final entry. I didn't end up changing much of anything besides the final render size and the addition of a little photoshop sharpening and softening. Thanks for watching, good luck everybody!

cyphyr

That really is very good.
Great composition and realistic weathered cliffs.
Best of luck.
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Dune

Great. It'll indeed be a tough nut to crack this year.

Hannes