zaxxon's cliff WIP

Started by zaxxon, January 22, 2018, 12:44:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaxxon

Hey Bobby and Pierre. Thanks for the nudges  :).  I am working on an extension of this scene and currently lost in a maze of nodes and endless small tweaks  ;). Just not ready to post anything additional yet.

bobbystahr

Quote from: zaxxon on March 10, 2018, 10:54:15 AM
I am working on an extension of this scene and currently lost in a maze of nodes and endless small tweaks  ;).

I hear ya man, I've got 3 ideas going and only hope I get one good enough to enter, some stiff competition already from the looks of things.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

zaxxon

Another last minute entry post. It wasn't what I had planned, but sometimes it just works out that way. I submitted this with 4 minutes to spare, talk about the 'eleventh hour'.

Kadri

Looks nice and i like the POV very much.

Hetzen

Wonderful fleeting glimpse of sun on the Yosemite rocks.

bobbystahr

Great entry, glad this made it. Well done even though it wasn't your planned entry...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

It's very painterly, as I would have expected of you. Nice work, Doug.

zaxxon

Thanks folks. I realized yesterday morning that the intended render wasn't going to be finished by the deadline, so I hurriedly set up a cropped render on another machine and it just finished 15 minutes before the deadline. It was a POV that I had considered prior, so not too much of a compromise. The main intended render finished about four hours after the deadline. This one was launched after a full earlier 'final' had a corrupted object file not revealed until the last part (sigh).  At any rate here's the real 'final' finished four hours after the deadline. I learned a ton, and killed a massive amount of brain cells along the way. There are some wonderful submissions shown (for now) and NWDA should be very proud of the contest and it's theme.

Dune

luvsmuzik

Another wow on all of your work here! Good luck and thanks for sharing.  :)

Kadri

Sweet. Nice to see the full intended image.
I don't like doing rushed work, like as probably everyone, but i got some basic ideas because of this maybe.

otakar

Beautiful. Love it. Rocks look very realistic.

bobbystahr

Nice save Doug, think I like this even more.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Oshyan

This PoV and lighting are brilliant!

- Oshyan