Glowing Snake

Started by Tangled-Universe, January 27, 2018, 06:37:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tangled-Universe

Daniil's erosion plugin is amazing :)

cyphyr

And this is an amazing (and beautiful) use of it :)
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

mhaze

Dune

It is indeed, and you made very good use of it. Great piece of work!

masonspappy

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

zaxxon

Seth

Seth

Looking again at it, there is a strange look to the water, like a double render or something.
I don't know how to explain it. it is like you had 2 renders and merged them but not really on top of each others but a bit off.
Or like the water is above the river bank

Tangled-Universe

I can see a few spots where it seems that that is happeningm especially where transparency seems lacking the transition can be quite harsh and thus can look as if the water is floating, but it is not. Neither is it two renders, nice idea though :)
The river shape is 'filled' with water using a second planet.
It is not perfect or does not look perfect everywhere, but it is the best I can at this moment.

bobbystahr

Thanks for posting this here as well, a big echo on the previos Wow comments. This encourages and inspires me to have another go at rivers. After my first few semi-successful attempts I've been firing blanks at the screen....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Quotelike a double render or something
I noticed that as well (but didn't want to spoil the fun  ;)). I think it's the way the banks are quite 'similar' to the river itself, just shifted a bit, making some sort of repetition. Perhaps a fractal warp or PF masking of the banks mask may annihilate much of it.

cyphyr

I notice the water worked on as well, looks a little like glacial runoff ... did you use any of the maps from the Erosion plugin to give a sense of "flow" to the water.
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

luvsmuzik

I like the braiding effect. From your POV it looks as if that leads to a large river. Is that what happens, or is the braiding continuous, not decreasing with altitude? I see this setting used as creating many concepts either way.