2018 Back to work

Started by Michelh, January 31, 2018, 08:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michelh

Hey, I was not very present on this forum for a long while. I wanted to say that I am very impressed with what people are doing with Terragen 4 but for me I will stick to Terragen 3.
This is the first render I did this year. I was very focused on the island and not so much about the background of this scene. As always, feedback is more than welcome. Oh and I did use a plug-in to create this scene it is " Fractal procedural erosion shader public beta" by blinkfrog .

luvsmuzik

Welcome back and great render! Erosion looks terrific.

Michelh

Thank you for the feedback . I was able to make one last render for tonight it is I think a better light render.

Dune

Welcome back indeed, and curious to see where you take this. Nice island to start with.

archonforest

Welcome back.  :D
NIce start!
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Michelh

Thanks Dune and archonforest here is two more renders.

bobbystahr

Welcome back and good testing in the last 2, but I prefer where you were heading with the Island series myself which is already a striking image and well worth developing.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

luvsmuzik

Great use of the erosion, but I would mask the stones; maybe inverted the erosion map on stones layer? Most of us are figuring out this masking bit with the erosion now. I don't know if the share file for the plugin announcement has any more info yet or not.

Michelh

Hey one more render for tonight and back to the island

Dune

You'd have to work on some sort of beach (rocky, wet sand, debris lines, foam...)

Michelh

Render V.2018.02.03.525 ( low res version )

-Added different lighting

-Added mask for rocks

-Added ground texture for ocean

-Mixed the noise in the Ocean shader

-Added 3d volumetric cloud ( Low level )

-Created better god rays

Michelh

One more render and one small gif or video .

Michelh

This is the video ( gif ) of the scene.

Oshyan

Looks cool in motion! I find the lighting overall to be a bit drab, but that may be intended, and again the scene in motion is nice.

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

I find myself agreeing with Oshyan re: the lighting, maybe a small bump up in exposure would allow for more details showing up. But over all a nice developing scene.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist