Richard Fraser Cliff Challenge WIP

Started by cyphyr, January 12, 2018, 04:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvsmuzik

Quote from: cyphyr on April 08, 2018, 12:28:49 PM
Quote from: Dune on April 07, 2018, 03:17:25 AM
Despite the strange color bands it looks like a terrific entry. But, good heavens, what render time. Good luck, Richard. I too long to see the secretives' entries....
Haha the colour banding is just from a low rez screen capture from the Team viewer software.

Well now, I will just have to send you an image so you can further complicate your life by applying all file transfer methods and transformations to my clouds. I shall have pink terrain too please. ;D

Dune

I thought as much, Richard. Longing to see the original!

cyphyr

Ok, I'm done.
I have been squinting at that screen for the last three weeks and that was two weeks at least too long!
So below is my final submission for the NWDA Cliff Challenge 2018.
I wanted to work with the render El;ements out put but in the end all I realy did was enhance some detail in the distant clouds and tweak some general contrast and levles.
Hope you like the final result.
Good luck everyone :)

www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

cyphyr

.. and here is the un-edited version
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Kadri

Sweet.
I think i like the un-edited version just a little more.

Hope i can finish to squinting too. Just 1 day or less and i am still tweaking sand  :o

Artice-3d

cyphyr, i like the last version, but i think it needed a bit more contrast to make it live as possible ;))

Dune

I'll have to see them next to eachother, but I think I prefer the one without the lens artifacts better too. Great work, Richard. Very warm, great sky and really makes you feel good. And if you get too warm, just hop over to my cold and wet cliffs ;)

Oshyan

I do feel the lens artifact (especially blur, lower-left) is a bit excessive, and generally prefer the unprocessed one. But it's a fantastic scene and result overall, regardless.

- Oshyan

Hannes

Also prefer the unprocessed image. Very beautiful scene!

ajcgi