Micks WIP

Started by mhaze, February 01, 2018, 10:36:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DannyG

New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

mhaze

Latest update, strangely the little waterfalls don't reflect in the main water :(

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Hannes

Quote from: mhaze on March 02, 2018, 08:08:39 AM
Latest update, strangely the little waterfalls don't reflect in the main water :(

Really cool!! Hmm, no idea, why the falls don't reflect...

Some minor crits if you don't mind: I'm not quite sure about those ice things. To me they look a bit plasticky. Apart from that the scene (at least the crop) looks a bit like a jungle scene, so to me the ice is a bit out of place.
And the green you used for the vertical noise has a bit too much blue to my taste. And it's maybe too glossy. Looks a bit like wax running down the rock.

Otherwise a fantastic scene!!!

mhaze

Yeah, the ice needs work and the veg is pure Scottish river!!! I'm glad you mentioned the green slime, I was in two minds about it.  I made it from memory and will have to go check out some source images.

Dune

Terrific! But I agree with Hannes; my first 'complaint' was the plastic drippin' too. If you can make those into slime indeed, or just more rocky colors (and maybe add some hanging veggies), it'll much improve.
Strange about the reflection missing.

bobbystahr

Agree with the other comments and agree  that as this image grows the icicles seem more out of place, it's just too dern hot in that scene for 'em...please post if y figger out why the waterfalls don't reflect so the rest of us can avoid that should we be making waterfalls, ...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

mhaze

I hate to loose the icicles, they were a good discovery but I suspect you may be right!  However I shall keep playing and make a last minute decision. Dune, I like the idea of hanging veg, If I can find time I'll have a play in ST. I've been trying to get ferns work but to no avail as yet.

bobbystahr

Quote from: mhaze on March 02, 2018, 01:57:01 PM
I hate to loose the icicles, they were a good discovery but I suspect you may be right!  However I shall keep playing and make a last minute decision. Dune, I like the idea of hanging veg, If I can find time I'll have a play in ST. I've been trying to get ferns work but to no avail as yet.

Could you pop onto just the icicles with maybe a vine to get that hanging foliage?
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

I just made some simple hanging stuff in Ivy Generator, very easy. On a simple pole. Only made the branches.
If you want to keep the icycles, you'd have to cover/most all in ice/snow!

mhaze

Thanks for that idea Dune, I'll try Ivy Gen.  My theme was to be Spring thaw, hence the limited icicles.  I climbed ice falls like that!  I have just finished a ice free render - I think I'm going to go with that.

René

This is the best rock structure I have seen so far in Terragen. I agree that the icicles look a bit odd; they add nothing to the quality that is already there I. M. O.

mhaze

Thank you Rene  ;D Just finished an icicle free render and I have to agree the icicles go.

Hetzen

This looks great Mick. I agree the icicles don't need to be there. You've got some great formations already.

DannyG

See I dig the icicles I think they really add an original element we don't see much in TG renders. If you could sort out the translucency I would say go with them
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram