NCC

Started by SILENCER, February 01, 2018, 06:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SILENCER

Jim Kirk was many things, but he was never a boy scout!

bobbystahr

Very nice render, is the model yours or from the net? It's a nice one.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

luvsmuzik

Very nice!! Crispy, crispy clear!

About your inquiry about wireframe  rendering......

I tried some simple experiments in Blender. Blender has a wireframe modifier now that can add depth to the basic wireframe edges of a model. I found that these complex models are difficult to apply since the ones I have are free models made out of program, probably in 3DMax. That said, if one had the model file and could remove the subdivision surface and use just the basic model (less complex edges) perhaps a series of wireframe models could be done. Was it SketchUP that had the ability to render in wireframe too? I know I did that somewhere along the line, but not sure where.

I have also seen some images of wireframe only with subdivision surface avatars that look pretty cool. It could be that Blender could restrict the problems I had with trying this, but I am just a simpleton at modeling. :)

René

Great lighting on the starship!

SILENCER

Thanks for the comments.

I never did, however, inquire here about wireframe rendering.
Every time we had some director show us some Sketch Up model his pal did over in the art department, our Modo guys always had to rebuild them.

I don't model, either. Camera and layout is my thing.

As for the Trek model, I've had it awhile. It's an old one, not even UV'd, if I recall correctly.
Enterprise rendered in LW 2018. This shot isn't composited, it's just the TG background in Lightwave with the ship on top. Not to say that the shot could not benefit from adjustments and comp.

luvsmuzik

oops...sorry that was Upon Infinity....

Yes, I used to do SU, then found exported 3DS had normals problems due to my lack of knowledge about extruding faces, etc, etc, etc....of which I had no clue when making.

N-drju

Could you teleport Bones over to me? I'm struggling with a bad case of cold virus. :(
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"