Jo Kariboo (wip's)

Started by Jo Kariboo, February 05, 2018, 10:28:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo Kariboo

"Mountain cows"
Hello, for this first series of wip I opted for a style "cartoon" in a semi reality environment. For this reason I have used a single grass population in the same size, as for cows they all have the same size and are identical. The cliff is a file mix of Mhaze, Dune Efflux and me. The vegetations is of Silva 3D and the cows of The model resource.

Hannes

The terrain already looks great! But I'm not sure about the cows. I know you aimed for a semi realistic style, but to me the difference in realism between the terrain and the cows is too much. Maybe some more realistic ones in the style of Ice Age for example?

Dune

;D  Great! But if you want to have any chance of winning, opt for realism.

j meyer

;D Those cows are cracking me up, really cool.

paq

I love it, the contrast between the two elements works really great ... but please add a parachute to this poor cow on the picture 4  8)
And bravo for breaking the rules, my useless vote is for you  ;)

Gameloft

SILENCER

Looks great, outside the box is the place to be.

luvsmuzik

hey diddle diddle

the cat and the fiddle

the cow jumped over the moon....

Oshyan

I have a thought about how this mix of cartoony and realistic could work better, at least for those of us who are skeptics (myself included)...

What if you actually tried to make it look like realistic *cardboard cutout cows*? I think if you look closely at the current textures they imply that this is just a cardboard creation (you see a cardboard edge I believe). But it's just a texture, and the smooth surface and other details make it look truly cartoony. But if you worked on a semi-rough "paper" texture/bump, with the same color texture, and made the model more detailed depicting individual sheets of cardboard, and the modeled the way such a cow "cardboard sculpture" might appear in reality...

Then you have your amusing, surreal element, but it also fits with the realistic background. Just a thought. :D

- Oshyan

Zairyn Arsyn

Amusing.
Cows on the loose.
Looks pretty good so far.
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

Jo Kariboo

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions. I know I am a little out with this type of pictures compared to what is presented to the usual in this type of contest with the Terragen software which is excellent for making photographic and realistic images.
In my case, the interest of continuing to make photographic pictures with 3D had completely disappeared in the summer of 2007, being realistic was no longer a motivation.
I know that maybe I will not win anything but the motivation and the pleasure is back and it's very pleasant.  :D

bobbystahr

Quote from: Jo Kariboo on February 06, 2018, 12:19:31 AM
Thank you all for your comments and suggestions. I know I am a little out with this type of pictures compared to what is presented to the usual in this type of contest with the Terragen software which is excellent for making photographic and realistic images.
In my case, the interest of continuing to make photographic pictures with 3D had completely disappeared in the summer of 2007, being realistic was no longer a motivation.
I know that maybe I will not win anything but the motivation and the pleasure is back and it's very pleasant.  :D

Way t go Jo, nuttin wrong with your own drum beat...were it my image I'd say Oshyan's suggestion would almost be funnier
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Quotemotivation and the pleasure is back and it's very pleasant
That's the spirit!

archonforest

Quote from: Dune on February 06, 2018, 03:03:59 AM
Quotemotivation and the pleasure is back and it's very pleasant
That's the spirit!

Exactly!
I like the render and the cows. Looks funny and cool.
Photo quality renders will "talk" mostly to geeks. Average Joe will see a photo quality render and see it as a photo. He will never understand how hard to make one so he will just walk away from it. Your idea will be liked by more people because it is funny, cool and it is a new idea well executed or on the way...
8)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

ajcgi

These are brilliant. See how far you can push the cow models I say. ;)
First image is the best. Work that one up.