Jo Kariboo (wip's)

Started by Jo Kariboo, February 05, 2018, 10:28:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo Kariboo


Jo Kariboo

A other different settin for the water.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Jo Kariboo on March 20, 2018, 02:40:19 pm
A other different settin for the water.


add some luminosity to this water similar to the first one and you've got magic
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Jo Kariboo

Quote from: bobbystahr on March 20, 2018, 04:50:20 pm
Quote from: Jo Kariboo on March 20, 2018, 02:40:19 pm
A other different settin for the water.


add some luminosity to this water similar to the first one and you've got magic


Thanks Bobby!

Jo Kariboo

Ok I'm done with the shore for this one. Here are the last two pictures.
I am considering for the moment to send for the challenge one of the last 4.

luvsmuzik

Thank you for sharing with us and you have a difficult decision before you!  :)

Hannes

Indeed difficult. I'd prefer the very last one.

Dune

They're great..... but I'd probably prefer one without the top branches. At least the two small branches in the lower right area should go, they kind of seem duplicated and hang in the air, sort of. Difficult decision, indeed. And to be very honest, there were iterations before these that I really liked (21, 23, 26)... but I'm not a judge.

bobbystahr

 35-amuseroc13h12d gets my vote
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

j meyer

Those foreground branches are indeed not to be considered as 'photo realistic'.
That said you have some really good looking images in this thread, so you definitely
have some cool options to choose from.

WASasquatch

Quote from: Jo Kariboo on March 16, 2018, 07:59:54 am
A first experience on my part of a glowing beach.
Shrub and herbs: SILVA 3D
trees: XFROG
starry sky: moodflow


Awesome! Looks like those one types of jellyfish all washing up on shore during their mating season.
Check out my Terragen Discord: https://discord.gg/Vy5FRTE

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on March 22, 2018, 10:20:14 am
They're great..... but I'd probably prefer one without the top branches. At least the two small branches in the lower right area should go, they kind of seem duplicated and hang in the air, sort of. Difficult decision, indeed. And to be very honest, there were iterations before these that I really liked (21, 23, 26)... but I'm not a judge.


Staying with this shape 21 is indeed worthy and I think 26 is well worth exploring but time's compacting...for this comp at least.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Jo Kariboo

Thank you all for taking the time to give your opinion. I realize that there is not an picture that officially stands out of the lot and which is unanimous. I will possibly reworked on one of the last versions not that I find it higher at the level of the clif of previous ones but that it has at the level of the composition and its elements some more accomplished thing and it is necessary that I realize there is little time left to work.

Hetzen

I like the last render the best as well and have to agree with J Meyer that your near tree models are looking very cg. It could be a lighting thing to fix?

Jo Kariboo

Quote from: Hetzen on March 23, 2018, 01:16:59 pm
I like the last render the best as well and have to agree with J Meyer that your near tree models are looking very cg. It could be a lighting thing to fix?



Thanks J Meyer, Hetzen and all the others, finally for the image that I am posted for the challenge, I eliminated the trees in foreground and branch near the water.

The contest ends soon and although the images that follow are not part of my favorite, I still wanted to share them.