The surface of the water and highlights animation flicker

Started by gao_jian11, February 02, 2018, 03:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gao_jian11

I created a animation, easy cloud did not blink, but how can I eliminate the highlights and surface reflection of flashing?

luvsmuzik

I viewed this.Great effort!

I scaled my viewer very small...probably down to say 300x300 resolution. At that size the issues are not too bad, but still obvious. I wonder if increasing the time (more frames) with the same camera motion would help?

In real life, sparkles do appear on water, so maybe soften reflection just a tad. There is one tree at left side that the sun is bouncing through as the camera moves. That also happens in real life. I think slowing the animation down would cure most of this. But I could be totally wrong. :)

Hannes

Aaah, an entry in the animation section!!!! Cool! ;) ;) ;)

Very nice!! Calm and beautiful. I'd say, if you'd render your animation in better quality (and larger) the flickering would look much more natural.
You could then cheat a bit. If you have access to a compositing program you could use some frame blending to reduce the flicker even more.

But as Luvsmuzik wrote, a certain amount of flicker occurs in the real world.

Oshyan

This flickering/noise is almost certainly due to low detail/AA and/or low resolution.

- Oshyan

gao_jian11

This period of animation was set to 450 frame that time compression to 150 frames, some fast.I try to render a 1024 * 576, AA5 sequence, but need more than 1 hour per frame.In addition, I every five rendering a gi file, more than 30 gi document has up to 4 g capacity, is this normal?
I'm sorry my English, I do not know you can read it.

Oshyan

It sounds like you may be using higher than average GI settings. That would make a larger GI file. Unless you mean that the total of all GI files was 4GB, in which case that is not that large.

- Oshyan

gao_jian11

Excuse me, when we render animation AA (ANAI-ALIASING) value set how much? The trees shined when I was full of light.

Oshyan

There is no "best" setting for AA. If you would like advice on render settings to avoid flicker, will need to see at least a full-resolution test clip, and ideally be able to look at your .tgd and do our own test. We can handle this confidentially through email at support AT planetside.co.uk if you'd like.

- Oshyan