save an object with two spheres ... for a population

Started by Jo Kariboo, February 06, 2018, 10:18:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo Kariboo

Hello, No idea if that is possible, personally I do not find solutions.
Here I have added to an object two spheres in specific places.
I would like to know if it is possible to save with Terragen this "all" in one object and then reproduce it in populations of objects. The only thing I managed to do is to save this set in a clip file, but if I change the location of my object in space the two spheres obviously don't follow.

As an example, imagine putting two spheres of light at the headlights of a car (object) then saving the whole to be able to reproduce it in a population.
Thank you very much.

Dune

Can't be done, I'm afraid. You can save as tgc, but not use as pop. Or you'd have to save the whole combination in an external program.

Jo Kariboo

Quote from: Dune on February 06, 2018, 10:43:20 AM
Can't be done, I'm afraid. You can save as tgc, but not use as pop. Or you'd have to save the whole combination in an external program.

Thanks Dune for information!

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Oshyan

Quote from: bobbystahr on February 06, 2018, 08:42:55 PM
Please Sir, can we have some Groups.......?

As Matt mentioned recently in his 2018 plans post, we do have plans for this upcoming. ;)
http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,24058.0.html

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

Quote from: Oshyan on February 07, 2018, 08:14:27 PM
Quote from: bobbystahr on February 06, 2018, 08:42:55 PM
Please Sir, can we have some Groups.......?

As Matt mentioned recently in his 2018 plans post, we do have plans for this upcoming. ;)
http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,24058.0.html

- Oshyan

Sorry my inner imp got the better of me...I knew that...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

N-drju

Alternatively, you can export your chosen object to another software. There, create two sphere primitives where you like and then save this as a new object file. This way you can group all fixtures and, effectively, create new object working as one and moving in unity.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"