Fractal experimentation

Started by N-drju, January 26, 2018, 04:48:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

N-drju

As a mad scientist would, I now perform experiments with some crazy power fractal values. And this just sort of happened:

[attach=1]
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

N-drju

One more.

[attach=2]
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

agent unawares

I really like these. They start to get streaky soft wisps of the kind you see in clouds like these:

bobbystahr

Quote from: agent_unawares on January 28, 2018, 04:55:02 AM
I really like these. They start to get streaky soft wisps of the kind you see in clouds like these:

These are very nice. Ever think of sharing them in the Clouds section of File Sharing...loysa folks would like em....starting with me.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

N-drju

Wonder if agent_unawares' are real life or TG - that's a real dilemma in these forums. :) If TG, then indeed well balanced and pretty.

Of course, I will gladly share my fractal settings once I build up the base. Now I actually have only two interesting presets. Stay tuned for a different upload though...

cyphyr

Lovely but unfortunately not Terragen. Should be able to be done I'd have thought.
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

AP

Those are Cirrus Uncinus clouds, a subcategory of the Cirrus clouds.

bobbystahr

Quote from: cyphyr on January 28, 2018, 06:28:16 PM
Lovely but unfortunately not Terragen. Should be able to be done I'd have thought.

D'oh...my bad
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

René

Fantastic! I would never have thought that this was done with Terragen. Well done!

Dune

Reconsider your opinion, René  ;)

N-drju

Quote from: Dune on January 30, 2018, 02:38:17 AM

Unless you mean mine. :P

BTW, did someone say "wispy"?

[attach=1]

René

Quote from: Dune on January 30, 2018, 02:38:17 AM

Sigh... So indeed too good indeed to be true.

agent unawares

D'oh. I really thought when I compared N-drju's results to "clouds like these" that people would know I was referencing photos.

I think those wispy cirrus clouds are some of the most ridiculous things to try to make in Terragen. I don't think I have ever seen anyone do it.