What I did with that Tip

Started by bobbystahr, February 17, 2018, 10:48:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Here's the image that was the focus of the Tip I posted yesterday re: the Painted shader. An Italian Maple pop and a Dune grass pop plus one cow pop, and one would guess lots of cow poop. C&C welcome but not necessary. If it's a good suggestion I'll try it but the riverbank smoothing was the point of this experiment. All the rest just filled it out.The tree on the quarantine island and cows(cows suspected of having Hoof and Mouth disease)all harvested in pop edit mode from the pops to keep continuity of scale and in fact to show it.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

N-drju

Ok. Now I get what you were aiming for. You can raise the water level in such situation too in order to make the bank less visible. Unless it causes a flood. ;)
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

bobbystahr

Quote from: N-drju on February 18, 2018, 03:37:08 AM
Ok. Now I get what you were aiming for. You can raise the water level in such situation too in order to make the bank less visible. Unless it causes a flood. ;)

Yeah in the past that's been the solution but if you want a visible river bank this is a good start. I could have added more features to it with a PF or 2 but just wanted to illustrate how useful I'm finding the smoothing shader in the main.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

luvsmuzik

Very neat! Are you using absolute or relative view when you sculpt like this? 

bobbystahr

Quote from: luvsmuzik on February 18, 2018, 12:11:26 PM
Very neat! Are you using absolute or relative view when you sculpt like this? 

I work in the top view when making the Paint shader, and if you'r referring to brush size,view-relative brush.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

N-drju

Now, please explain how the cows got there. :D
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

bobbystahr

Quote from: N-drju on February 19, 2018, 05:55:44 AM
Now, please explain how the cows got there. :D

They are suspected of having Mad Cow Disease and are in quarantine.....brought there by a small barge.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New