Visit to Cloud Library

Started by luvsmuzik, February 19, 2018, 11:13:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvsmuzik

Browsed some older files yesterday and stumble upon this one from nethskie who based his share on RArcher's original (which I could not find).  File contains some great cloud density redirect shaders :)
Noctilucent sky
http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,3691.msg112298.html#msg112298

I added a couple high tight spot lights and a burst. Low atmosphere with high setting. This would be a good reason to be able to fine tune our Sunburst feature.

luvsmuzik

Softer sunburst here, but sun strenght lights the sky too much in my opinion. I lowered it to....0.3 or so in previous image. Fun to play with sun color tho...each image something new. Spots light atmo only. :)

luvsmuzik

Another pov
Love everything about this file share

N-drju

That's plain wonderful luvs. Direct modulator socket and modifications of the fractal shapes are the key.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

luvsmuzik

Quote from: N-drju on February 20, 2018, 04:23:56 AM
That's plain wonderful luvs. Direct modulator socket and modifications of the fractal shapes are the key.

Thank you N-drju! This set up will make a great neblua and is a fine example of where the noise goes! Filtered out of program you can see every little cell.....hehehe. If I were smarter, I could do it here, but I am not smarter.

DannyG

The crackling clouds remind me of TG Classic. There were some guys years ago that had that crackle really down working in full scenes. Keep on this
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

luvsmuzik

Thanks Danny! i like trying all kinds of stuff. I found this link two computers ago and I check images quite often. I use some images for inspiration for my doodlings.

Amazing Astronomy http://www.taketwoapps.com/apps/20/astronomy/app.html

this is still the five cloud setup by nethskie who was inspired by RArcher

luvsmuzik

Typical Dutch sky tgc
3 cloud layers
Atmosphere @4 Quality 128
MPD @ 0.8, AA @ 6

Render time 8.5 hours, but underlying terrain is complex as well and maybe contributing to render time.