Weird!

Started by mhaze, January 31, 2019, 09:49:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhaze

Loading and .obj into a scene with over 30 shaders slows down the editing of each part shader.  It can sometimes take up to 20 secs to load a change. But if you load the .obj then save the terragen scene file and reload it there is no lag.

DannyG

I have noticed that big time, I have been just unplugging the image map, making the change then plugging it back into the part shader. This sounds quicker. Thks
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Oshyan

Any freely-available models that you can point to that exhibit this issue? It's not something I've seen, and I do have a few objects that have up to 100 shaders. So it would help to have some resources to reproduce it.

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

Quote from: Oshyan on February 01, 2019, 05:10:10 PM
Any freely-available models that you can point to that exhibit this issue? It's not something I've seen, and I do have a few objects that have up to 100 shaders. So it would help to have some resources to reproduce it.

- Oshyan

I suspect lack of RAM may be the issue as my Corsair never had lags bit this old 8G RAM dell lags a lot
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

mhaze

I've sent a file to support

bobbystahr

Quote from: mhaze on January 31, 2019, 09:49:13 AM
Loading and .obj into a scene with over 30 shaders slows down the editing of each part shader.  It can sometimes take up to 20 secs to load a change. But if you load the .obj then save the terragen scene file and reload it there is no lag.

never tried that..will next time I run into lags which is often on the dell...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist