BobbyStahr's 123rd attempt

Started by bobbystahr, February 25, 2018, 11:32:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Well as Danny's urging I kept at it and in this I started with a nicely smoothed PF as a base and the a couple or Erosion hits and I start to see something I like. Tibet house at the top is in scale to the grass so it's as far up as one would guess.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Hannes

Quite nice already and bizarre. Curious where this is leading to...

Dune

This is pretty good already. Looks like a sinkhole a bit. If you can get rid of the spikes.....

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on February 25, 2018, 12:29:34 PM
This is pretty good already. Looks like a sinkhole a bit. If you can get rid of the spikes.....

Getting fond of the spikes but not terribly realistic are they. Been reading fantasy comix lately, I guess it shows. First i gotta find out what causes em without killing the basic scene..

UPDATE Dune
Fractal warp roughness in the terrain was at fault...working on replacement of lost wall texture with the spikes going.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

mhaze

bobbystahr

Well this went south in a hurry, Think I have to start again with a fresh PF.....sigh. Well at least there's time this took 10 hours overnight...waste of cpu cycles IMHO
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Pretty cool, now add a fractal warp with small scales.... that would break the smooth sides into something nice, perhaps also a slope restricted and PF masked strata shader... etc.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on February 26, 2018, 09:06:59 AM
Pretty cool, now add a fractal warp with small scales.... that would break the smooth sides into something nice, perhaps also a slope restricted and PF masked strata shader... etc.

I suspect the stuff I added boosted the render time from 3 hrs to 10 hrs so I think I'm best off to start again actually...don't like where this is at at all myself and to me it shows no promise, just frustration and even longer render times with more displacements. Fresh start and it is a Monday so apropopos. Of course my computer may just be off it's feed as well....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Try to use as little compute terrains as possible and as early as possible.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on February 26, 2018, 09:13:39 AM
Try to use as little compute terrains as possible and as early as possible.

I only had the one in the terrain tab and a dangler for pops
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Jo Kariboo

A landslide... very original Bobby and rarely approached in my opinion with terragen.
The project I imagine will have a lot of difficulty to solve.
It's a good start and good luck!  :)

agent unawares

I really like this one, it's like nothing else here so far.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on February 26, 2018, 12:20:34 PM
So why such long render times?

Y got me, maybe a sick computer. Rendering a much better version and am at hour 10 and it's just below the skyline. Seems to speed up a bit on the terrain/veg area. Glad I didn't use water hee hee hee.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Hetzen

Quote from: agent unawares on February 27, 2018, 12:11:30 PM
I really like this one, it's like nothing else here so far.

Agree. Its Dali'esque. Almost a cross section of you playing the guitar Bobby. Keep playing fella.