Random Seeds

Started by rcallicotte, October 01, 2008, 03:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt

The density fractal is a Cloud Fractal, which is a Power Fractal under the hood. They are affected by this bug. I think Alpine Fractal and some others are too.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

WAS

Obviously and hopefully not the case, but I had  a similar issue happen in a program I wrote, where a variable was being forced into a byte, being, 256 bits. Lol Everything was broken for so long and it took me forever to find a simple mistake of a var being cast to a byte.

Did find it interesting it being 256, or a bytes maximum, if you will.

Marander

Quote from: Matt on March 03, 2018, 01:08:09 AM

Yes, sadly there's a bug but I can't "fix" it because everyone's renders would change. What might be possible is adding a checkbox to enable the full 16-bit seed. My sense is that it's not really a great limitation so I don't plan to do this, but I might if enough people ask for it.

Matt

Hello Matt

Oh that would be a great option to have. Please if there's any chance, add a button and functionality for 16bit seeds!

Actually the best would be to have checkbox (enabled by default) for Legacy / compatible / 8bit seeds. The user could disable this to have more seed variations. Via user preferences the user could choose if he wants this setting to be enabled by default or not. I would prefer to have more seed variations by default-

Best regards,

Michael

Matt

Thanks for the input, Michael, and welcome to the forum!

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.