Another stab at it

Started by bobbystahr, March 10, 2018, 10:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Well the 'reply jury' seems to favour from the ground and this pleases me as I like it more for many reasons myself. Going to work on that Camera shot today then...thanks for the input.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Jo Kariboo

I love the atmosphere and the sky of it, but I think this part (surrounded by red) could be improved

bobbystahr

Quote from: Jo Kariboo on March 17, 2018, 10:28:49 AM
I love the atmosphere and the sky of it, but I think this part (surrounded by red) could be improved

Sadly changing that changes everything as it's part of the 'strata on steroids'....will try again but the last time I lost the beautiful weirdness.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Jo Kariboo

Quote from: bobbystahr on March 17, 2018, 10:49:40 AM
Quote from: Jo Kariboo on March 17, 2018, 10:28:49 AM

Sadly changing that changes everything as it's part of the 'strata on steroids'....will try again but the last time I lost the beautiful weirdness.

Ok I understand, in this case it is preferable to keep everything intact.

DannyG

I wish TG had something like Vue's Re-evaluate material distribution after displacement. This controls (to a point) the displacement explosions like this. I would just mask that portion Bobby, that way you don't loose the rest of the displacements
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

bobbystahr

I think I tamed that part and have a better product, can't remember what I did but will look back across the room later(that's where my workstation is)
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

AndyWelder

Good luck with that little piece of crazy!
"Ik rotzooi maar wat aan" Karel Appel

bobbystahr

Well I managed to pare the render time down to 3+ hrs so that was a success and am pleased with my repair to the ugly part. Took planting some trees but heh heh this is Bobby Appleseed here heh heh heh....over all a happy Sunday morning.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

mhaze

Dune

A bit like this...

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on March 18, 2018, 12:57:28 PM
A bit like this...

My goodness that's twisted...big LIKE
Guess it's really hard to get wilder than Mother Earth eh!
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

sboerner

Noticed that someone left the headlights on in the last frame. Nice touch – how'd you do that?

Really great image.

bobbystahr

Quote from: sboerner on March 18, 2018, 11:10:03 PM
Noticed that someone left the headlights on in the last frame. Nice touch – how'd you do that?

Really great image.

Thanks, made a greyscale map of the lights(vehicle suffers from game play build and is a unitexture) and ran it thru the luminosity channel set to I think 10. And if you look closely the driver is sitting there waiting impatiently for Pierre Yellow-Jacket to find a way down so they can leave. Steve Wolking, standing on a 200 m. stone is trying to direct him to the slope to his left where getting down will be less life threatening.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

j meyer

8) Really something else.  :)

bobbystahr

Gonna set it to render a higher resolution and a larger size as I did a los res large size render and even that looks better than the one I posted here....then I'll upload it to the comp....good luck everyone(including me, I'll need a bit)
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New