Spring Thaw

Started by luvsmuzik, March 11, 2018, 02:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvsmuzik

I did this some time last year after Dune shared his basic river setup.

WAS

Quote from: luvsmuzik on March 11, 2018, 02:26:39 PM
I did this some time last year after Due shared his basic river setup.

Really dig the mood this scene sets up with the colors and lighting.

luvsmuzik

Thank you! Can't resist experimenting, old school blue sky additive/ red decay fool that I am  :)

bobbystahr

very 'cool'  and nicely popped..the stones rock heh heh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DannyG

Agreed, awesome mood in this. Well done
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

luvsmuzik

Quote from: bobbystahr on March 11, 2018, 07:00:43 PM
Quote from: bobbystahr on March 11, 2018, 07:00:43 PM

Thanks guys!

Dune

Nice basis. I think with different lighting you can make the snow and ice really pop and shine. I also would loose the wavelets, or freeze part of that water over. And I would add some rougher displacement to the stones.

masonspappy

Wow , I love the mood on this.

luvsmuzik

Quote from: Dune on March 12, 2018, 02:35:35 AM
Nice basis. I think with different lighting you can make the snow and ice really pop and shine. I also would loose the wavelets, or freeze part of that water over. And I would add some rougher displacement to the stones.
Thanks Dune. I was trying an ancient snow cover clip on this. I think you posted your snow-stuck couple about the time I was working on this, so I let it fade away. I am trying to adjust some things now and rock displacement is certainly one of them. Going through file now to track down square looking snow cover on rocks. Looks like trash scattered to me. I can probably fake the snow on stones with PF if I can eliminate it. I like the atmosphere and sky here, but may do another setup with a brighter sky eventually.

Quote from: masonspappy on March 13, 2018, 01:25:13 AM
Wow , I love the mood on this.
Thank you! We are having scattered snow flurries this week as my tulips and daffodils struggle to get some height. Happens every year....I used to cover them to avoid frost burn til the neighbors started rumors I was nuts! My son keeps the florists in business sending me cut tulips....hahaha   He loves to make fun of my "green thumb"