.. at the end of it all

Started by Jgone, March 11, 2018, 02:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jgone

Hello !

This one was a huge project for me. Rendered the image with 5k resolution and full details. Took way too long to render because of these overkill settings, but i knew i didn't have to use my computer for a couple of days so, might as well  :-X.
I'm not sure if it's allowed here to post renders that have heavy post processing done to them, feel free to remove if it's not allowed.

Let me know what you guys think.  :)

archonforest

The mood is great. Love the sky!!
The only thing that calls my attention is the population at the other side....
I think when u have a forest like that you should have some smaller veggies around the trees...etc. Right now the ground looks very empty...
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Jgone

Quote from: archonforest on March 11, 2018, 03:41:04 PM
The mood is great. Love the sky!!
The only thing that calls my attention is the population at the other side....
I think when u have a forest like that you should have some smaller veggies around the trees...etc. Right now the ground looks very empty...

Glad you like it !

Now i gotta be honest here, i was going for more like the look that it's not an actual forest but instead there are trees on the land next to the ocean , but i pumped up the tree count way too high so now it really does look like it was meant to be a forest.
My bad there totally. Thanks for the feedback ! One of my real weaknesses as an artist is making good looking forests, so that's something i'm going to improve on !

WAS

Great work! I second the call on the population in the distance. Did you do the rain in post work?

Jgone

Quote from: WASasquatch on March 11, 2018, 04:35:06 PM
Great work! I second the call on the population in the distance. Did you do the rain in post work?

Thanks ! Yeah, rain was done in post. Super simple to make convincing rain in photoshop. Really like how it turned out !

bobbystahr

Very good and at 69 I'm starting to empathize with the sentiment...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Jgone

Quote from: bobbystahr on March 11, 2018, 06:53:02 PM

Glad you like my stuff ! And 69 is as young or old as you want it to be :) !

bobbystahr

Quote from: Jgone on March 14, 2018, 05:47:56 PM
Quote from: bobbystahr on March 11, 2018, 06:53:02 PM

Glad you like my stuff ! And 69 is as young or old as you want it to be :) !

in my 20's I'd have said much the same but a life of working with one's hands and body one does incur wearing heh heh heh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

N-drju

This is so damn sad. :'( :'(

"Mishin accomprishd" I guess...
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

ajcgi

Very pretty.  :D
All works very nicely as an image I think.
IMO post process all you like. My images never look like the ones in the viewport.

Jgone

Quote from: N-drju on March 15, 2018, 03:33:17 AM

Guess that is mission accomplished  ;D !

Quote from: ajcgi on March 15, 2018, 07:55:52 AM
IMO post process all you like. My images never look like the ones in the viewport.
This is a weird topic, some people don't like post processed renders at all and some do.
Same goes for photography, some people want purely authentic photos and some enjoy edited ones.

Glad you like it !

WAS

Quote from: Jgone on March 23, 2018, 03:02:35 AM
Quote from: N-drju on March 15, 2018, 03:33:17 AM

Guess that is mission accomplished  ;D !

Quote from: ajcgi on March 15, 2018, 07:55:52 AM
This is a weird topic, some people don't like post processed renders at all and some do.
Same goes for photography, some people want purely authentic photos and some enjoy edited ones.

Glad you like it !

I keep coming back to this. The mood is so nice. I am really curious in how you do your waves. They're really well done.

Jgone

I keep coming back to this. The mood is so nice. I am really curious in how you do your waves. They're really well done.

Glad you enjoy it !

The waves were extremely tricky to do in photoshop. Took a couple of hours to make them look even this good. I'm not entirely satisfied with the look but it's good enough for the project.

Can't really explain what i did. Just basic color, form, layer mode doodling. :)