Today's distraction

Started by bobbystahr, March 15, 2018, 12:45:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Was reading in the forum and my mind got overtaken by cloud merging so I started a test.You know how that goes and before I knew it I had this scene, a WIP atm so feel free to C&C. I've attached the atmo clip with a camera so you have a start point. Figgered I may as well share as it started here.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Nice one. Now you should get rid of the grain (and maybe darken all cloudscape a bit).

N-drju

Interesting. That's a really nice randomization and makes the cloud shapes more, how shall I put it, whimsical?

I concur with Ulco - reduce light power and light propagation, so we can see more of them clouds. :)
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on March 15, 2018, 02:20:57 AM
Nice one. Now you should get rid of the grain (and maybe darken all cloudscape a bit).

Thanks man, the grain in the main is due to low AA and mpD values, and the sun/cloud brightness issue is what I was dithering about.
Also the dust cloud picked up more light than I want so it needs darkening as well.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

luvsmuzik

Everything seems to be working well lately. I hope your rendering unit problems are now over! This has lots of potential, hope you show your update soon! Great clouds too!

bobbystahr

Quote from: luvsmuzik on March 15, 2018, 02:01:37 PM
Everything seems to be working well lately. I hope your rendering unit problems are now over! This has lots of potential, hope you show your update soon! Great clouds too!

Thanks, everything but my GD cliff sigh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

mhaze

Nice one Bobby, almost missed the car!

bobbystahr

Quote from: mhaze on March 17, 2018, 06:39:08 AM
Nice one Bobby, almost missed the car!

Thanks Mick will do a proper render of this once I nail down my current Cliff, "Bones of Mother Earth"project.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New