Beach and foamy Surf

Started by Dune, January 13, 2010, 11:24:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jo

Hi,

The main reason I haven't done anything like this for TG2 is that I haven't had time. I think you could reproduce the effects I made for v0.9 using the node network, and in fact I think you'd agree Dune is definitely heading in the right direction. I'd say it's as good if not better than WaterWorks already. I'd like to be able to dedicate some time to coming up with some cool stuff for water, but I'm just too busy with boring stuff ;-).

Regards,

Jo

Kadri

Quote from: jo on January 16, 2010, 07:33:09 PM

..., but I'm just too busy with boring stuff ;-).

Regards,

Jo

Hmm ...I think this is  good too for us   :)

Thanks , Jo .

Kadri.

Dune

Henry Blewer

Depends on what the boring stuff is. It may be a real gem of a shader that Jo is finding tedious to code.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Matt

A lot of work goes into the GUI, cross-platform issues, preparing various things for the transition to 64-bit on both platforms, etc. That stuff takes up most of Jo's time at the moment.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Dune

Keep on the boring stuff, Jo!

MacGyver

What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine

Stappmus

its so annoying how you people can make stuff so real when i cant :(
but the backround grass should be a bit more yellowy like the object grass in the front

Dune

Well, it took me more than a year to get this far, and I work with TG daily. About the grass, you might be right, but the grass (and landscape) were of minor importance here. It's all about the surf and foam.

Study (this forum) hard and experiment a lot, you'll get there!

---Dune

reck

Very, very nice Dune. I shall be another one to purchase this.

nikita

Nice!

I did something similar (equivalent?) a while ago :)

choronr

I suspect Jo that once finished with your important stuff that a TG2 'Waterworks' will be in the works ...keep on.

Nala1977

great work Ulco, i suspect there isnt this file available anymore?
the many links i check to nwda store are down for some reason.