Hetzens work in progress

Started by Hetzen, March 19, 2018, 05:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hetzen

Sorry, I'm a bit late to posting in the wips. I've been working on a few things and mixing them in with Daniils really good erosion plugin, and this is the culmination so far. The strata widget is smothering things atm but I think this is the direction I'm going to be going.

[attachimg=1]

Dune

Good of you to post, and this is looking as a very nice startof. Looking forward to more. I thought you were one of the 'secretives'  ;)

Hannes

Looks promising, Jon! Curious to see, where the journey goes.

Hetzen

Thanks guys. I've tweaked things more into scale. I'm going to work on the cliff slope some more, then a bit a masking work.

[attachimg=1]

Dune

Ah, a frontal piece of rock too (I have added a vantage point rock a few days ago). Your rock face is also pretty much like mine atm.  Very cool! This is going to be a nice 'fight'  8)

Jo Kariboo

This is the kind of terrain I wish I could do!  8)

Hetzen

Not sure about a fight Ulco.  :) I'm enjoying trying to get things the way I want them atm.

Yeah Jo it can be a bit of a battle sometimes.

Blocking more parts out now. I'm going to re-look at the cliff face noise after I've worked on the rock fall some more.

[attachimg=1]

Dune

This is already looking much better than the previous rock wall. More subtle. I also like the boulders on the shore. Btw, that's why I wrote it between ''  ;)

Hetzen

Yeah I know mate.

I've been working on a few things separately, so it's been a case of bringing them together.

cyphyr

Looking very good. I even like the slight overhang at the top. That will look great once it's covered with grasses.
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Zairyn Arsyn

oohhhh... I really like these, :) :) specially the parts above the cliffs.
good start too.
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

Hetzen

Thank you both. It's a toss up between sharp or slightly curved cliff top edges at the moment, but yes you often see a turf over hang/cross section.

bobbystahr

Really like this a lot, and agree with Richard on the overhang...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

mhaze

Terrific structures, really looking forward to seeing this textured!