Hetzens work in progress

Started by Hetzen, March 19, 2018, 05:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hetzen

Thanks Bobby. Thanks Mick. I'm a little behind on this, I've had some last minute work come in. 10 days left, right?

[attachimg=1]

Hetzen

mhaze

Great Structures but your main cliff is very shadowed.

DannyG

A definite contender once you are through .. I am sure  ;)
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Hetzen

Unfortunately not. It's still rendering! 36hrs and counting.  :(

Jo Kariboo

Quote from: Hetzen on April 11, 2018, 08:40:54 AM
Unfortunately not. It's still rendering! 36hrs and counting.  :(

Pity I loved this project!

Hetzen

Thanks guys. I'll post my efforts once I get a render.

Dune

It's April 11 already, Jon!!! I do hope you finished and submitted in time. For you, that is  ;)

Hetzen

So it took a little longer to render. I had a double reflective shader in my rock fall. Anyway, this is the result of a Cornish off-season holiday my wife and I with our dogs took in Mid march just after the snow. The apartment we rented had these Cornish holiday railway posters on the wall, which depicted a stylised mid summer break holiday to some of Cornwall's most iconic spots. Well it rained 6 of the 7 days we were there. We had the right clothes so it wasn't a problem.

With this project I wanted to explore how I could get a broken strata to work with the landscape using Daniils erosion plugin. It's the culmination of a few ideas that I learnt a significant amount in combining. I had a lot of fun with this.

[attachimg=1]

Oshyan

Wow! That "stacked" rock strata effect is *super* cool.

- Oshyan

Dune

Very nice! So this is a crop of the total. Have you finished the total too? Double reflective shader (and RT too?), but I don't really see it here  ??? I often try to have no reflection at all beneath water level, as you sometimes get pinpricks of light under water that can't be there. And reflection/transparency of water AND RT reflective mud or so takes a huge time to render.

J_Con

Really nice job, looks like somewhere I have been.