Weeping Willow Creek

Started by bobbystahr, March 21, 2018, 08:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Here's the scene that evolved from the example I posted in file share. I decided it was a good one to illustrate translucency on the leaves using a greyscale map in the translucency channel and using Dune/Ulco's technique of dialing the Opacity to .501. The pergola and man in boat are there as I wanted to test minimal DoF (I didn't want to blur out the translucency) and needed a focus point.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

WAS

Wow that's really good Bobby, really love the color scheme of the environment against the leaves. And the translucency seems to translate well with these willows.

Dune

Great piece, Bobby. Only lower the ship a bit, I think it sits rather high in the stream.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on March 22, 2018, 07:18:15 AM
Great piece, Bobby. Only lower the ship a bit, I think it sits rather high in the stream.

Thanks man, and I hear ya; and as the sails are puffed a bit I think a small wake is in order as well.

EDIT
tried a wake and it's an exercise in futility, to be accurate it disappears so I've simply just lowered the boat.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Boat lowered and re-rendered....as you were.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Great. I like the willows too, btw. But maybe some others pecies added would be nice. Some shrub or reeds along the stream /river in patches, some more grasses....

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on March 23, 2018, 02:18:00 AM
Great. I like the willows too, btw. But maybe some others pecies added would be nice. Some shrub or reeds along the stream /river in patches, some more grasses....

I've been thinking about that as I have enough foliage for damp environs.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Oshyan

Nice, I like the DoF.

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

Quote from: Oshyan on March 23, 2018, 06:25:33 PM
Nice, I like the DoF.

- Oshyan

Thanks, I wanted it kept subtle as I was showing translucency and didn't want the effect blurred out.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New