My own challenge

Started by Hannes, March 26, 2018, 04:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j meyer

jaf

Very impressive!  That should go into Terragen marketing to show what can be done.  :D
(04Dec20) Ryzen 1800x, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Graphics 457.51 (04Dec20), Win 10 Pro x64, Terragen Pro 4.5.43 Frontier, BenchMark 0:10:02

Hannes

Thanks again, guys!
Here is an update. I took Ulco's advice and reduced the colour variation of the trees on the right side, added some more structure to the sand and additionally changed the trees on the island a bit and increased the colour variation here.

Dune

Awfully cool! I wish I were there too. Great job, Hannes.

N-drju

Damn, Hannes - I am always amazed by how sharp and lively your images are! Tell me it's postwork! :D
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Stormlord

What a nice place to be!

I didn't believe that such a realism is possible with Terragen.
Created after a real picture...how crazy is this!!!

RESPECT HANNES

STORMLORD

Jo Kariboo

Beautifull picture and excelent work for reproduction!  8)

Hannes

Thank you all! Btw, this time the only postwork is a bit chromatic aberration (apart from downscaling). I tried to do as much as I can within TG, so there is no need for too much pw.
That meant I heavily played with the atmospheric settings and adjusted contrast and gamma values until it roughly looked like in the reference image.

Oshyan

Very, very good indeed! The latest version is just not quite bright/exposed enough though, I think. Maybe you want a better result than the reference image? :D

- Oshyan

mhaze

bobbystahr

What Ulco and all the rest said...sitting here mind blown at the photo realness of that render.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

René

Beautiful and very ingenious. As far as I am concerned, working from a photo or sketch is the most difficult thing to do in Terragen.

Seth

really impressive !!!
the realism, the composition, the light, the almost identical scenes !
Awesome shot, mate !

bobbystahr

Very impressive,,,KUDOs and ditto on all previous compliments; but the thing I wasn't convinced by was the foreground water where it hits the beach on the right. It isn't reflecting the palms so I'd suspect a camera, tweak and maybe more transparent with more obvious waves.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

luvsmuzik

8)beach chairs, umbrellas, and a skanky pier, haha. (no spiders) Perfect  8)