POSERAY - automatic material arrangement

Started by N-drju, April 01, 2018, 05:24:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

N-drju

Hey there,

I am looking for instructions on how to assign a texture to a group of object parts in Poseray. Like - if you export a person from Poser or DS and have several "eye" parts - all using the same texture...

Usually, I do it one-by-one in Terragen itself. However, this time I have some rather nasty objects that have +250 object parts! Amusingly enough, about 80% of these parts use the same texture!

So if you could guide me on how to assign a single texture to multiple parts, before the object is exported into TG, I would be very grateful.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Hannes

Oh yes, that would be very helpful. Google didn't help quite well.

DannyG

Bobby is Poseray's spokes person and has been for years here at the forums  ;D If it can be done Bobby knows how to do it or he will know where to stear you.
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Dune

I tried to reply yesterday and when I hit post, I got an empty new post. Very weird. So I kept my answer and tried again by pasting, but it doesn't seem to work. I may send you a pm and see if pasting in there works. I don't want to write it all again.
Got an idea, screendump.

luvsmuzik

Sometimes this is easier just to copy the link where this reply is given, then refer to author.

Quote from: Dune on April 02, 2018, 01:46:54 AM
I tried to reply yesterday and when I hit post, I got an empty new post. Very weird. So I kept my answer and tried again by pasting, but it doesn't seem to work. I may send you a pm and see if pasting in there works. I don't want to write it all again.
Got an idea, screendump.

Dune

I wasn't able to post that (copy/pasted) reply anyhow or anywhere, so a link wouldn't have helped.

Dune

I tried it again after a short copy/paste worked in another thread, but again I got a new empty topic.....

N-drju

Wow... Looks like it is just as time-consuming as manual reconnection of all parts in TG would be. :-[
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Dune

If you get the hang of it and do several objects that have the same constitution, you'll do it in no time. I've made some notes on which groups go together (for Poseray) for some DAZ genesis people, and have a tgc for body parts' textures that are replaced in a few clicks in TG afterwards.