Population question

Started by archonforest, April 01, 2018, 10:06:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

archonforest

I painted a lake and applied negative disp. Now wanted to populate some green stuff that should sit on the bottom of the lake under water but it does not. Any idea how to fix this? See also attached picture.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

luvsmuzik

Did you try the painted shader for your lake as your density mask for your veggies?

archonforest

yes they keep floating there...

luvsmuzik

what are your anchor options? sometimes I use the surface layer the material is on, like Dune does with his grass populations.

archonforest

Free floating is kinda work... :-\

cyphyr

Make sure your painted shader is above/before the compute terrain. That should do it ... if not plug the last shader before the planet into the Anchor>Sit on terrain slot of the population node.
Hope this helps :)
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

archonforest

Quote from: cyphyr on April 01, 2018, 09:36:41 PM
Make sure your painted shader is above/before the compute terrain. That should do it ... if not plug the last shader before the planet into the Anchor>Sit on terrain slot of the population node.
Hope this helps :)
Tku guys for the answers.  :)

WAS

I believe I remember tex coordinates shader works if you have things beyond your computer terrain. Can use it as a sorta XYZ definition for whatever is plugged. Would be the best bet than adding more computer terrains or normals for things requiring XYZ form the terrain.

Quote from: PlanetsideThe Tex coords from XYZ node generates world space texture coordinates from displaced points from the input shader. It doesn't compute normals.

bobbystahr

I just hang a Compute terrain off the last shader(but not connected to the planet) and use that as my anchor.
One of the wizards told me that a long time back and it solves all population evils...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

archonforest

Thx Bobby. Sounds interesting. Will try.  :)