Grassland and woods

Started by Dune, April 02, 2018, 12:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

A new series of renders I'm working on for a company. Here's one WIP.

archonforest

Awesome. I am doing something similar also...
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

N-drju

Wonderful meadow Ulco. Suddenly, I miss Summer.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Dune

One more, just WIP in low res and no soft shadows.

zaxxon

Absolutely gorgeous! lovely pastoral scenes Ulco, you've created some enchanting images. I'd love to see these at full resolution.  :)

bobbystahr

Beautiful; and the only critique I can give is, too bad about the unrealness the characters as opposed to TG's very real rendering. Have you thought of finding a Poser or DAZ pro who could make you posed .obj exports? I, till he lost ability to run poser on his older machine, had my cross the street neighbour make stuff posed as I wanted and they were always 'up to snuff' as they say...moreso than if I'd struggled to get clothes looking correct...I did try first before I asked him...but this is a lovely series for all that...love your pastoral stuff.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Yes, people is still an issue. The only way I can make them is pose some character in DAZ, give it reasonable clothes and export to ZBrush, where I try to refine those or make new clothes. And subtly modify faces and such. One of these days I need to get better at it as I need to make a 12x4m museum piece again with some specific  (Early Farmer period) folks right in front (real sized), pff.
For stuff like these landscapes the Xoio people do nicely, but I wish they had more. I have no idea what it would cost me to have someone make a specific human model, and (that's my prerogative/problem) I like to do everything myself  ;)

N-drju

If I want to add people to my render, and make them as realistic as possible, I usually just make a DAZ render and then paste it into the actual render. Though it can cause a lot of pain if there are objects or plants that are supposed to be in front of that person... :P I am having an issue like that right now... It shouldn't be too complicated in your second image though Ulco.

Anyway, I think .obj file exports and Terragen itself seem to skew and loose large portions of a person object. Also, note that Terragen does not have all types of subtle controls and skin optimizers that DS has. Bottom line - TG rendered people will never be as handsome as they are in DAZ.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

mhaze

Dune

I take that for granted, as I like TG to do it all in one go.

Dune

Here's one of the finals (with a little pixelized area). Tried to post full size (5040px wide) but that didn't work, so I resized to 90%.

Jo Kariboo

Very beautiful and impressive. I like to count the variety of plants that you have expertly arranged on this picture. You have a lot of talent.

bobbystahr

I as well am gob smacked by the foliage variety, and your patience/ability placing said plants so naturally. What AA/mpD did you render at btw?
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

archonforest

Thx for the hi-res version. Now I can explore this beauty much closer. ;)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd