About editing object of instance

Started by Mid-Knight Acchan, April 04, 2018, 10:53:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mid-Knight Acchan

Hello,
I am in trouble editing the instance.

When editing objects of instances created by population, can not I enter numbers when size, rotation, or movement?
To operate with the steering wheel, the accuracy gets too bad.

Is there a good way?
I started 3D landscape with "Bryce" and am currently editing Japanese Wiki as a Terragen user. I am riding the Kawasaki ZEPHYR1100. I am a reader.

archonforest

The accuracy is pretty good here. I used this function many times and I was able to control the rotation nicely. Perhaps your mouse dpi settings needs to go higher?
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Mid-Knight Acchan

Do you carefully rotate individual objects?
Is it convenient if it can be easily done by entering numerical values?

Handle operation is inconvenient if there are many edits...
I started 3D landscape with "Bryce" and am currently editing Japanese Wiki as a Terragen user. I am riding the Kawasaki ZEPHYR1100. I am a reader.

Oshyan

There is currently no way to edit position of individual objects in a population using numerical entry.

To improve accuracy and performance when editing instances, disable all other populations and objects first.

- Oshyan

Mid-Knight Acchan

Thank you.
We expect to be able to input simple numerical values in the future version :)

archonforest

Quote from: Mid-Knight Acchan on April 04, 2018, 11:48:30 AM
Do you carefully rotate individual objects?
Is it convenient if it can be easily done by entering numerical values?

Handle operation is inconvenient if there are many edits...

Yes it moves and rotates slowly and smooth. If u have to edit many instances it will be also slow with punching numbers in because you have to select each object individually first.
I think it is way way faster with the mouse. At least for me... :)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Hannes

Agreed. I'm quite comfortable using the handles.

Dune

What I think is a very useful thing is that as soon as you grab an object and want to rotate around it in preview for better grip or whatever, the rotation is kind of focused on the instance/object area.